The Face of the Market 2/14/22

Can you see it? I have zoomed out to two hour bars for to help you. 

tvc_41338ee3f563dd6aaf51eec1647dcb46.png

Whenever this pattern has appeared in the past, such as in February 1973, the outcome has always been. 

Now let's take a look at the usual one hour bars. 

A 5 day cycle low has failed to get off the ground. Now, class, what can happen when bottoms fail at the outset? You know the answer, come on. That's right, the market can crash. It doesn't mean that it will. We can always get a false break then a vicious whipsaw. But it does raise the odds from highly unlikely to somewhat likely. 

For now major support is around 4275-80, and the 5 day cycle projection is only 4315-4295. If they do take out 4275, then the measured move implication would be 3860. But no worries. I think that it would take more than one day to get there. 

tvc_41338ee3f563dd6aaf51eec1647dcb46.png

For the big technical picture see:

Beware! The Market Has Followed My Script

Meanwhile, it looks like the yield on the 10 year Treasury has put in a short term top. But actually, it needs to break 1.91 to be mildly confirmed. And it needs to break the trend in the 1.85 area to be more than just a minor pullback. Which of course, it isn't. 

Fed Gets the Inflation It Wanted, But Wait There’s More!

tvc_fd1ba8070d9a8a90abaa9a0a5fa134fe.png

Meanwhile, the buttcoin (BTC) hasn't broken its bearish trend yet either. It needs to clear 44k to break the downtrend, and 46k to confirm an uptrend. 

tvc_719896e5f961fa11c74bdb407743c0ae.png

Meanwhile, my gamble to wait to buy the geuro seems to have been a good one. It's taking a bead on 1.11. At that point I might buy some, but wait and see on the balance. Because if it breaks 1.11, it's going much lower. My US doodahs will appreciate even further against the geuros. 

Currency pairs are all about relative monetary tightness. You know.  My central bank is tighter than your central bank. Nyahnyah, nyahnyahnyah!

tvc_50952125805d1e9762389435387501c5.png

Waiting for Gold Oh

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, potatohead said:

80 COUNTERPARTIES TAKE $1.666 TRLN AT FED REVERSE REPO OPERATION.

Players using RRP as a security blanket?

It's like having paper FRNs in a vault, just easier to use for anything other than going to the Wawa, or buying drugs on the street. 

7 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Now it's a double bottom with a positive divergence. They could  still turn it up here. 

State Department reportedly ordered destruction of computers in Kiev.

We are going to go out on lows - that's my expectation.

I am always wrong.

Always... always... always.

That's why I almost never voice anything directional. Or positional. Or situational.

JFC... I held hopes out for the Bungles.

But when they were down 3 with 2nd & 1 at midfield, 0:54 on the clock with a timeout, did they pound the ball/QB sneak to grind out the 1st down?

No... no, they did not.

They put Burrow in the shotgun 3 freaking times in a row.

2nd & 1 with a timeout... down a field goal.

And the game ended... with the Bungholes still in possession of that timeout.

Incomprehensible.

I stand corrected.

Bung-holes had TWO timeouts on 2nd & 1.

They only went into the post-season with one of them... 🙄

• 2nd & 1 at LAR 49

(0:54 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Burrow pass incomplete deep right to J.Chase.

• 3rd & 1 at LAR 49

(0:48 - 4th) (Shotgun) S.Perine right tackle to LA 49 for no gain (G.Gaines; A.Donald).

•  

(0:43 - 4th) Timeout #2 by CIN at 00:43.

• 4th & 1 at LAR 49

(0:43 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Burrow pass incomplete short right to S.Perine [A.Donald].

Archived