Sorry, Couldn't Resist

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bidding for gold this morning @345-346

How many times have we seen this when they want to jam the stock market? Same play over and over. Sell gold to support the dollar and stocks.

Vessalin...I said in fact....up to 10% more or so downside...and Europe in some parts were ther or almost there....but US not due to currency factors and/or manipulation.....I did say the same as I said here...I will be looking for a key reversal signal or similar to determine the low point on indices for this move before a rally into May...... :D

How many times have we seen this when they want to jam the stock market? Same play over and over. Sell gold to support the dollar and stocks.

I am extremely skeptical that there's a cause and effect relationship. I wrote last night in the Anals that it looked like another shakeout coming in gold.

I don't think there's a "they" manipulating the price of gold to influence stock prices. Gold traders and stock futures traders tend to be different groups with little overlap.

Fine with me. If you think something is worth X, and can find some one to sell it to you at below X. Then buy with both hands.

Of course this works for shorting stocks also. This is third time to harvest a break of spoos 800

Vessalin...I said in fact....up to 10% more or so downside...and Europe in some parts were ther or almost there....but US not due to currency factors and/or manipulation.....I did say the same as I said here...I will be looking for a key reversal signal or similar to determine the low point on indices for this move before a rally into May...... :D

Oyster: I awoke at 3:15, much to my wifes dismay, and caught your interview. It was very good. Thank you for your input.

That other gentleman was extremely bearish stocks and very bullish gold. I wonder what he posts under in here? He could be a very good stoolie. Did you speak with him about this site? :lol:

Republicans Eye Spending Cuts as Deficits Swell

By Andrew Clark

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republicans prepared on Wednesday to

roll out budgets seeking tight control of federal spending to

try to fight rising deficits while still making room for big

new tax cuts sought by President Bush.

The House and Senate budget committees expect to complete

work on their 2004 spending blueprints by Thursday, after

changing some of Bush's budget plans to reflect the

government's mounting fiscal woes and concerns about the cost

of a looming war with Iraq.

The Congressional Budget Office said last week Bush's

policies would swell federal budget shortfalls by $2.7 trillion

over the next decade, generating deficits every single year and

turning an $890 billion surplus into a $1.82 trillion deficit.

Against that backdrop, House Republicans said they would

seek substantial cuts in federal spending to bring their budget

back into balance by 2010. The cuts will fall on all government

programs except Social Security, unemployment insurance,

homeland defenses and the military.

"The cuts will fall on all government programs except Social Security, unemployment insurance, homeland defenses and the military"

What's left to cut after excluding these items? Maybe cut interest rates to zero to eliminate interest? :blink:

Archived