Here's the Smoking Gun That Shows Buttcoin Leads - 2/7/22

But will it work this time? The overlay of hourly BTC on the chart of the ES, S&P futures, shows time and again that BTC leads the US stock market by an hour or more, and usually diverges by at least a day or two ahead of the market. Stocks follow BTC. 

On Friday BTC surged after starting to move up slowly on Thursday while stocks were declining. Stocks have yet to surge. If they do it again, blow me. Because it would be too easy to follow this model. Everybody will start doing it, and then it will stop working, as these things are wont to do. 

By the way, this correlation didn't just start. I looked at the chart going back many moons ago, and it has worked for some time. It will stop, but when? I don't know. 

Meanwhile, we have a broad uptrend working in the ES. They need to stay above 4480 as of 5:30 AM in New York to keep the channel intact. That rises to 4490 as of the NY open. The line is rising at about 10 points per hour. 

If it breaks, first target would be a test of the last low at 4447. If it lifts off, first target is 4540, and if they clear that, the measured move target would be 4630. 

tvc_6bee1eca651cf554d54a195904aa1640.png

I'm having a ball my first week living in Nice, which in reality is an Italian city in France. 😁 Ciao! 

https://www.instagram.com/200daysineurope/

Meanwhile, the big picture:

Raggedy Market Has Ambitions

Don’t Be Fooled, The Economy is Still Growing And Still Bearish

Gold is Clueless

Just Wait Till Next Week!

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that 30 year mortgage rates follow the 10 year treasury yield with an R-squared of 0.98 and are currently pushing 4% we may be looking at an interesting outcome in real estate. Affordability is at the lowest since 2008. And random length lumber prices over $1K and rising isn't going to be helpful for supply. 

I have an offer on my house now that is 4% above my ask, which was at the top of where I thought the market value of my house would be. 

When I sold in 2005, I top ticked the market in my subdivision. Not sure here. I'm not trying to be a hero, just think it's prudent. And I want to buy over here in France, so I'm probably going to have a loss on that for a while if the market is topping out here. I don't think it is. Despite soaring prices, I still think that apartments on the French Riviera are undervalued relative to the cost of vacation homes in oceanfront cities in the US. 

At current interest rates on CDs and T-bills. having no monthly payment is a better investment than having a mortgage payment, or paying rent and investing the cash in CDs or T-bills. I sure wouldn't buy bonds to reach for yield. So I'll have more income and will buy more shit.

Like more holiday rental apartments. 😁 

If you want a real bargain on the Med, look at Barfalona. Apartment prices crashed when they banned Airbnb and severely limited tourist rental licenses. An apartment without a rental license that would go for 250k now, goes for about 450k with a tourist rental license. You can actually get a beach neighborhood Barcelonetta 1 BR for around 200k. Nice little European pied-a-terre. 

And I suspect that they'll ease up on the rental restrictions when the market demands it. They're just passing up too much tax and fee revenue. 

6 hours ago, DrStool said:

Meanwhile, we have a broad uptrend working in the ES. They need to stay above 4480 as of 5:30 AM in New York to keep the channel intact. That rises to 4490 as of the NY open. The line is rising at about 10 points per hour. 

If it breaks, first target would be a test of the last low at 4447. 

Bears repeating.. 

14 minutes ago, BurntOnce said:

Everyone is moving to FL  it's the most affordable place to retire in the us. the summer heat and humidity must suck.

I stopped spending the summer there in 2006. We started going to Canada. 

The humidity and the thunderstorms are soul destroying. 

Archived