More Robot Volatility

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone be interested if Doc started a forum for brokerage reviews? As stoolie's we have unusual demands from the short side that are not discussed on most forums where everyone is a buy and holder. Maybe we could have a thread for each broker, and people could post their opinions? I know I've asked about this as have several other stoolies, I thought it might be good to get all the info in a single place.

Doc, is this something you'd be willing to do, and if so, would others be willing to share their experiences?

SSB

Covered QQQ's ( averaged 24.89) this AM for $$$ :grin: . Re-shorted half the position at 24.09. Waiting for Buddha's forensics scam week and hoping to reenter the other half over 24. Took the profit, a little early, but I'm counting on the hopers to levitate it again, temporarily of course! Covered ALTR ( average 12.02) for small $$$, (but we are still thankful) yesterday AM, again early, but looks like tonite's spin will offer another opportunity. Still short KLAC and MU. Tanks to all for sharing.

BW

Well this thing just keeps on truckin'..down again today.

I'm getting a tad cautious now as we've had a very long downtrend and the All Ords index is also approaching an historical support level way back in 1998 which could mean a bounce is in store. Buyers are beginning to appear, not enough to turn the screen green but sitting on the bid picking up anything coming their way... hmmmm...

No outbreak of hostilities against eye-rack has occurred (yet) and already the early ecomonic smokescreens / cover-ups are appearing. Be the first to blame Iraq for your company's shitfall...

"The nation's air carriers will continue to do all we can, but we fear that the consequences of this war will be severe," James May, president and chief executive of the air transport group, told a news conference.

Airlines: Iraq War Could Cost 70,000 Jobs (Probably based upon this earlier excuse)

Stocks Sag to 5-Month Low Amid War Threat

success!

gruff

Al,

I wish my two little shit machines would get with the program! :lol:

Thanks for tonight's SPOO parameters Brian.

I'm still balls to the wall short. I'm taking Buddha's reminder about OE seriously. Covering is an option. I'm taking it one day at a time. Still carrying a nice profit on XLNX (up on equity 16%) but, ain't like it was before Feb. 13th. I'll check anals tonight and catch CrapEuro before going to bed; see where things are in the morning. I have a hard time calling Euro Crapvision because it is actually not bad. Maybe I'll take a nap and try to catch Oyster at 3:40. Being that I am still at the Rock Quarry, and will probably be here for a few hours more. The nap thing may not work this week.

Mousey, I cov xlnx short last week and switched the proceeds to supermodel glam stock S short, which made more $ for me while xlnx distributes or whatever. I am still keeping an eye on xlnx...still holding my other short positions...

Fun for me to see the pic of the stool guys @ Abigails....something warm and fuzzy about it....a nice group...

I'm getting a tad cautious now as we've had a very long downtrend and the All Ords index is also approaching an historical support level way back in 1998 which could mean a bounce is in store.  Buyers are beginning to appear, not enough to turn the screen green but sitting on the bid picking up anything coming their way... hmmmm...

Good idea to be cautious, aussiebear. I closed out some 80% of my shorts this morning. Gotta love that Commonwealth Bank action!! What I've been waiting for more than 2 weeks. Patience paid off some 175% on those babies. I left the National Bank on the short side. I think they gonna rotate some $$ from NAB to CBA very soon. Close out News as well for a pretty decent profit. Not a bad first half of the week.

Fear On Wall Street 3/11/03

And what are they afraid of? Why, missing the bottom of course! Crapvision has a little feature called Open Exchange where they invite 3 analcysts to discuss an important issue. Today's topic: Is the bear market over. What a surprise, all three panelists said yes. One expected an annual gain of 10-12 %. I believe she said that was from the beginning of the year. Which would mean about a 25% gain from here. The other two said 30-40%.

Don't they get it? NOBODY believes this crap anymore. Give it up GE. The game's over.

Doc expounds some more on this. He describes the dangers of the moment, examines the Feed and monetary data, chronicles the market cycles, and tells us where this shipwreck is heading, with hot pictures of naked stock charts, the Long Bong Hit, Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool. Will Uncle Buck ever get out of his sick bed? Will the Golden Stool ever recover, or is the move over now that Cramer is on board? Drop by your stock proctologist's office, and get the inside picture, all in the Anals tonight.

Stoolies, log one in. If you're not a stoolie already, become one Now! And don't forget to join Doc during the market day in Stooltrading Beta as he plots the market's twists and turns for you, in advance yet!

VectorVest.com.  $550/yr well worth the dues.  Trust me, I'm making a killing in this slide and there's plenty-o slide left.  :lol:

PileDriver,

Did you choose your list of shorts by running a scan at VectorVest.com?

Your list of shorts looks like the worst of each industry.

Would anyone be interested if Doc started a forum for brokerage reviews? As stoolie's we have unusual demands from the short side that are not discussed on most forums where everyone is a buy and holder. Maybe we could have a thread for each broker, and people could post their opinions? I know I've asked about this as have several other stoolies, I thought it might be good to get all the info in a single place.

Doc, is this something you'd be willing to do, and if so, would others be willing to share their experiences?

SSB

Start a thread on LOB. If there's enough interest, we could break it off into a forum.

VectorVest.com. ?$550/yr well worth the dues. ?Trust me, I'm making a killing in this slide and there's plenty-o slide left. ?:lol:

PileDriver,

Bingo!

No more than 1/10th exposure to any one sector. Spread the risk, maximize the rewards. It sucks when the market goes down and you're sitting on a stock or sector that doesn't. That hurts.

VectorVest.com. ?$550/yr well worth the dues. ?Trust me, I'm making a killing in this slide and there's plenty-o slide left. ?:lol:

PileDriver,

I used VectorVest for a coupla years during bull mkt and found it very useful. It used to be $29.95 per month - seems like subscription cost has gone up?

A good, free (registration required), alternative may be found here

Ofkorse, the very best take on mkt can be found here

Caveat: don't be cheap when it comes to mkt!

success!

gruff

Archived