Something is Up and It Ain't Stocks 1/18/22

Could it bee-e-e-e-e-e-e....?

Short term cycle projection 1.90. Conventional measured move target from the massive high base inverse head and shoulders pattern, 2.35. 

tvc_e2b25b1c215de323a8420de5adcb167a.png

See Breakout Under Way!

Meanwhile back at the hourly ES S&P fugutures, bears have the ball, but bulls are making a goal line stand at a key sport level. The 2-3 day cycle projection of 3604 has been met. If this doesn't hold, the wrath of the Load will descend upon us.  The Tongan Volcano Tsunami will look like child's play. 

But I think it will hold. For now...

tvc_a58b6a675bde15742341c35e5479356e.png

Meanwhile, Buttcoin rests. I think we get a right shoulder before heading lower toward the singularity. It never gets to zero, but it moves infinitely in that direction. 

tvc_0b507241f863e85f9ef5bd5898927184.png

For those of you who earn their living in doolars and spend it in euros, the future is now. I would have loaded up on EUR if it had broken $1.15, but now I'll wait. At some point most likely April, I'll be putting a big chunk of my cash into a Nice apartment. I'm inclined to pay cash at the moment, but could mortgage if the euro looks like it will stay weak. In that case, I'd want to hold doolars, not tie up cash in French real estate. 

tvc_a7e16c93ed5b4d56263239279c3c61c3.png

Not having any appreciable monthly housing cost is always nice in Nice. 

I need to be careful when telling people that I can't wait to be in Nice.

Not everybody knows that I'm an only child. 

bah rum-dump

And now (Paul Harvey voice) the rest of the story:

Still Looking for that Rigor Mortis Rally

Fed Will Administer Volckera to Cure Inflation Pandemic, and We’ll All Die

What the Signs of Emerging Gold Would Be

Wheels Are Moving in Slow Motion for the Top

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, potatohead said:

The crap some of these macro Fintwit stars are preaching to their followers is crazy.....the latest.....

I’ll be buying bonds like crazy…others will be buying when they find out the truth …especially when nominal yields are negative yet the real yield will be positive…so bizarre right?

idiot lunacy. Don't waste your time with those people. They'll drain you of your positive energy. 

1 hour ago, potatohead said:

Lee

What are you hearing about Ukraine and Russia. The media over hear seems we are headed for a war.

Well, my Polish acquaintances don't talk to me about politics. 😊 

I'll just be glad to get out of here. Kaliningrad, on Poland's northeast border, is part of Russia, and its eastern border is Belarus and Ukraine. Too close for comfort. 

Of course in the intermediate term, we're all dead.  

Make the best of each day! Consider each one a gift. 

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

Doctor. What is the difference between a rigor mortis rally and a zombie rally?  Asking for a friend.

Zombies smell bad. You smell them before you see them. Rigor Mortis sets in before the body has had a chance to decay. 

Archived