Happy Boxing Monday 12/27/21

Still working toward a 5 day cycle projection of 4755. But there's a ton of resistance indicated 4745-50. If it doesn't roll over there, next target would look like 4780-85. 

tvc_5f9a46294fd76b954634ea6f8c23680e.png

Ciao!

Holiday Wishes and Publication Schedule

Get Ready for a Slow Moving, but Perfect Storm

Gold Shows Every Sign of Doing This Now (and Forever)

Is It Time to Quit if Your Chart Picks Crushed the Market Last Week?

How to Tell When This Inconclusive Market Turns Dangerous

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DrStool said:

Still working toward a 5 day cycle projection of 4755. But there's a ton of resistance indicated 4745-50. If it doesn't roll over there, next target would look like 4780-85. 

So there's that, but the 2-3 day cycle projection now looks 4805. 

5 minutes ago, DrStool said:
Date Security Type Total Offering Total Publicly
Held Maturing
Net New Cash or
(Pay Down)
12/31/2021 Coupons $230,000 $80,037 $149,963
12/30/2021 Bills $145,000 $130,002 $14,998

I figured out the date is the issue date. The auction date for the coupons in the 28th and 29th. I am just not sure what the settlement date is.  Do they settle on the issue date? Not that one should do timing on this stuff but the day the money changes hands is good to know.

To my knowledge, the payment is settled when the bond is issued, not before. That's my recollection. Price is set as of the auction date. Payment is made when issued.  I would need to reread the terms on the NY Fed website to verify.  It's been a long time. 

Pretty much like when you buy a stock. The stock hits your account and the money leaves at the same time, which is not the same as the trade date when the price was set, which was 3 days earlier. 

Aight?

Species 5618,

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us.

Resistance is futile!"

we are Borg, You will be assimilated.

Never Mind,  we are here to

BTFD.........

FHo45uaX0AoRPAu.jpg.3c95cfd104709bb4b19a5006c70aa11b.jpg

Archived