Polish Jokes 12/15/21

Today is the day that Lord Jaysus Powell, aka JP III, will stand before the assembled multitudes and announce how fast he intends to kill the bulls. It will be slaughter of the most unimaginable magnitude. Only the rate is in question. 

Meanwhile today is the day I pick up my Polish Temporary Residence card, another waystation on my way to ultimately reside in the South of France, which I plan to make happen later this winter if all goes well.  

You might think that my living in Poland is a bit funny, but I love a bargain, and this country is hands down, the greatest bargain in Europe. If you are on a budget, and want the full European experience for less than it costs to stay home in the US, come here. Just don't come in the fucking wintertime, or November, December, or any month that doesn't end in June, July, August, and September. First couple weeks of October aren't bad either.  

It has been about 7 weeks since I have seen the sun, partly because it is always cloudy, foggy, smoggy, and partly because it gets dark at 3:30 PM. 

Onward to Nice, where the sun shines almost every day! And its reflection off the shimmering Mediterranean makes it feel 10 degrees warmer than it is. 

In honor of my stay here, where I have met nothing but very smart, very kind people, excluding the retail store clerks and the security guard at my building, I present the following. 

6 hours ago, MisFit Kid said:

images.png.7cde7ab74082168ed3f51aaa803c9bfb.png

OK, I get the joke, but think about this. Copernicus was from here. Chopin was from here. Taddeus Kosciusko and Casimir Pulaski were from here. John Paul 2 We Love You, was from here. Lech Walesa (Vawensa) was of course from here, Madame Marie Sklodowska Curie was from here. Roman Polanski was from here, OK so he's a pedo but... the great pianist composer Paderewski was from here. Admiral Rickover was from here (from my ancestral hometown). 

My grandfather and grandmother were from here and Robert Lewandowski is from here.  

And lest we forget the great Chuck Bednarik who's not from here. He's of Slovak descent. 😄😄😄

Meanwhile, the reason we are here...

Why are we here, anyway? 

Above 4650 we're going up. Below 4607, we're going down. In between that, nothing has happened yet. 

tvc_6dda4ff66f125954ad899ff63037b3ca.png

And now, we wait for the Lord Jaysus's 18th Coming. 

Meanwhile, the big picture.

Swing Trade Screens – More Buys Than Sells Again This Week

Here’s Why Not to be Dumbfounded in Disbelief

Prepare for Market Doom, the Moment of Truth Is Here 

Reason for Hopeful Pessimism on Gold

Why It’s Big Trouble that Real Time Tax Data Shows Economy Still Growing Fast

When the Fed Balance Sheet Will Hit the Fan

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the author of the "joke" is completely aiming at/for Polish humour.

He kinda digs on England/France, too.

Of Note:

When you said 10PM is when the US market closes,

one thing that popped into my mind was the old TV commercial

that said its 10 o'clock do you know where your children are.

Nowadays, that might be considered bad humour on/about the US.......

So we now await the MAN.

8 minutes ago, MisFit Kid said:

I don't think the author of the "joke" is completely aiming at/for Polish humour.

He kinda digs on England/France, too.

Of Note:

When you said 10PM is when the US market closes,

one thing that popped into my mind was the old TV commercial

that said its 10 o'clock do you know where your children are.

Nowadays, that might be considered bad humour on/about the US.......

So we now await the MAN.

Right. But it was a good lead-in for my aimless, wandering, brain mush.  

Archived