The Silence of the Bears - Praise the Lord and Pass the Taper 12/13/21

The outrageous and immoral slaughter of bears continues. No one will come to their rescue. They have turned to cannibalism to survive, as shorts cover, eating their young in the process. The gore is mesmerizing. We can't avert our eyes. Our woe besets us. Our cries of pain are met by snorts and farts. 

Now they can only await the return of our Lord Jaysus. For He Alone can tighten the clamps on the bull balls this week.

Praise the Lord and Pass the Taper. 

Meanwhile, the 2-3 day cycle projection is 4735, all but done. Let us pray. Oh Jaysus, in thy name we pray, double the taper as doth thine money changers and soothsays of the Temple of Wall Street predict. Amen. 

tvc_879e8a00cbd580edb1ff34ea1e799e16.png

12 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Doc - are you seeing daily cost of living moving up in Europe?

No, because the strength in the USD has offset that. The zloty has been very weak against the dollar.  Prices are so low here in Warsaw, that even if they rose 10-15%, I probably wouldn't notice. Overall, my dollar cost is still about the same. I can still be 3 days worth of groceries with some left over for $15-18. I can still take a 200-300 mile train trip for $15-25, and rent a car for $15 a day. A great meal in a great restaurant including a glass of wine and tip is still $20 or less. It's crazy, really.

But my Polish friends are really feeling the pain. Retired people in their late 60s and early 70s are taking jobs just to make ends meet. 

More later! Meanwhile, the big picture. 

Swing Trade Screens – More Buys Than Sells Again This Week

Here’s Why Not to be Dumbfounded in Disbelief

Prepare for Market Doom, the Moment of Truth Is Here 

Reason for Hopeful Pessimism on Gold

Why It’s Big Trouble that Real Time Tax Data Shows Economy Still Growing Fast

When the Fed Balance Sheet Will Hit the Fan

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

“ A greatmeal in a great restaurant including a glass of wineand tip is still $20 or less. 

you can’t even get a burger and a beer for $20 before taxes and tip here.

I'm embarrassed to tell you what I pay for a downtown penthouse studio in the best neighborhood, with a panoramic view, in a European capital with 2 million people.   

Archived