The MIT TA Symposium March 10, 2003

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sloth, if u r watching the MACD would you please lettuce know if & when the 60 min MACD crosses over to the downside?

The MACD of which issue, BARE? SPX? COMPX? Something else?

Regards,

Vesselin

Greg, I think it has to take out the lows of the day. But if it was just an ABC downward correction, it should have ended already and an impulse up should have started.

chart.asp?time=2&freq=6&lf=268435456&type=4&style=320&size=2&symb=QQQ&.gif

IMHO, of course. I'm no e-xpert.

Regards,

Vesselin

We are within a time window for a "turn" (see 15m SPX chart above). Since we are dropping within this time window, the assumption is that it will be a "low". Higher timeframes (60m and above) do not indicate signs of bottom (short term) so I will "assume" the move since the Friday high is not over just yet (in the short term)

SPX - 240m

Since we traded below Friday's low, things clear a bit. Next "projected" low late Thursday, early Friday morning.

BB,

Neither NQ nor ES have dropped below Friday's opening low. D'ye mean the afternoon low? Or some other stk/index?

gruff.

We could go down into 13-14 turn dates and bounce from there. Trin @ 3.72 one would have thought drop would have been larger.

A possibull reason for lack of droppage could be that NDX (964) and SP500 (812.50)are right now sitting on daily asc trendlines from Oct lows through Feb lows. I suppose that gonna be one tough cookie to crack as it will clearly signify the end of the up phase.

However, they are below the secondary bull lines NDX 987 and SP500 822. So now we have the levels to watch.

gruff.

Archived