When A Top is a Bottom in Disguise 11/17/21

While walking in the park on a chilly but calm day, I thought it would be nice to have a little mood music. 

Here's Chopin, played by my cousin Jeff Mayer, in his living room, with the kids wailing in the background. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, DrStool said:

24,000 new positive tests in Poland today. Lowest testing rate in Europe implies far higher infection rate. 463 deaths, rising exponentially. Low vaccination rate means this country is headed for a stunning death toll. 

Here in good ole Kalgoorlie-Boulder (pop 30k) the last covid case was April 2020.  The capital, Perth has had a couple of minor lockdowns.  No masks, no social distancing, life completely as usual in this small town and the entire state in general.  However if one leaves the state then it's the first born to get back in.  Do I want to leave the State, nup.  Am I vaccinated? nope. I'm a big believer in having a healthy immune system.  The only risk factor I have for serious covid illness is the fact that I'm 70 (but there's 70 going on 40 and 70 going on 150).

The two biggest cities, Sydney and Melbourne have done it tough.  But what do you expect with high population density and many living in vertical petri dishes?  There's a lot of pressure now for Western Australia to open the borders and life is about to change for us.  I'm not an anti vaxxer but I don't think it's the answer.  The big problem is that we've degenerated into an unhealthy race of people.  Two out of three people in Australia are sedentary and overweight or obese with all the associated diseases and we think that needles and pills are the answer. 

The government is pushing the vaccination message but it's still possible to contract the virus and transmit it.  The message they should be relaying is "get healthy" not "get vaccinated".

Archived