Is There Blood in the Street Yet? 10/6/21

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Wow, what a gorgeous city. Lee, question for you. The only thing worse than my Spanish (and I am embarrassed to admit I  live in Mexico half the year, but I still struggle with languages) would be any Slavic language. If one were to go over and visit for a few weeks, can you generally get around in cities like Krakow and Warsaw speaking mostly English with a few words of Polish sprinkled in and be understood? Or do I need to start working on my Polish now for a visit next year? 

I spend most of the other half of the year at my favorite Czech bar in Denver. Some days I am the only English speaker sitting at the bar. Can't understand a dang word. Thankfully the menu is in both Czech and English. I have strong familiarity with the words Becherovka and Pilsner Urquell though.  🙂 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little disappointed that we did not get red Close. Then found the triangle like before the 17th September flush out. That lasted 2 days with Huge bounce.

Tomorrow we will find out if it's a same setup with 2 days flush out and Huge bounce.

6-10-2021 days end.png

1 hour ago, PullMyFinger said:

Wow, what a gorgeous city. Lee, question for you. The only thing worse than my Spanish (and I am embarrassed to admit I  live in Mexico half the year, but I still struggle with languages) would be any Slavic language. If one were to go over and visit for a few weeks, can you generally get around in cities like Krakow and Warsaw speaking mostly English with a few words of Polish sprinkled in and be understood? Or do I need to start working on my Polish now for a visit next year? 

I spend most of the other half of the year at my favorite Czech bar in Denver. Some days I am the only English speaker sitting at the bar. Can't understand a dang word. Thankfully the menu is in both Czech and English. I have strong familiarity with the words Becherovka and Pilsner Urquell though.  🙂 

Install Microsoft Translator on your phone, and it will do the talking for you.  You just need a phone with a fairly robust processor. Any recent eyephone or samsung flagship or near topline phone will do the job.  A budget phone will freeze up after just a few phrases. 

This is a truly amazing app, and better than Google Translate. It will do both text and voice fastly and flawleslie. It has every imaginable language. Take it to meheco wit joo. 

But, yes, in the tourist areas, service help typically speak English. English is the second language of tourism throughout Europe, particularly in central Europe. Spain not so much. Most Spaniards just don't give a crap if you're there or not. 

Archived