Long Term Elliota 8/16/21

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Any thought of settling instead in Warsaw & not Nice?

Of course I thought about it.  

But no. I might spend a few months here in the summer. Arbitrage the rent I'll get from the apartment I'm going to buy in Nice. Real estate is overpriced everywhere, but unlike stocks, it pays a dividend, and you have something of value because you can use it. The only thing you can use a stock for is to sell it. 

Just now, DrStool said:

And Nice has stuff like this. 

IMG_20181215_084652534_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

I took that shot of Villefranche sur Mer from the top of Mont Alban, which was a 10 minute bus ride and short walk uphill from my apartment at the port. 

The French Riviera is unremittingly gorgeous. As are most places around the Mediterranean. Nice and surrounding towns have a layer of architectural beauty that plays with the landscape. It just has a great vibe. 

27 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I took that shot of Villefranche sur Mer from the top of Mont Alban, which was a 10 minute bus ride and short walk uphill from my apartment at the port. 

Friends of my parents had a condo in Villefranche - have spent a modest amount of time there. I'm a fan.

That line of towns from Nice to Monaco is gorgeous. It's always fun to spend a day in Monaco. 15 minutes from Nice by train, 30 minutes by city bus. The bus ride is spectacular. The first time I took it, I was laughing because I could not believe the views. 

Archived