Curb Your Dog- 8/11/21

Remote-Working Prospects + SF is a Needle/Shit-Infested Cesspool = Young Rich Families Moving to the 'burbs. 

They have deep pockets and wanted space: that dynamic drove demand around us to escalating heights for months & months.

FWIW, however, it feels to me like the real estate market has peaked. Two months ago, my wife & a college pal who lives nearby in the same zip code & I would play "Guess the Closing Price" on attractive Redfin listings.  My rule was to add $500K to asking, which was pretty close to reality. Now, you're seeing aggressively-priced houses sitting longer, and in some cases, not moving.

What's even more insane is the pricing of desert property out near Joshua Tree, a market I have watched religiously with purchase-intent for 20 years.  I mean... desert shrub land without water or utilities used to be highly illiquid & cheap out there.  Now... $151K (originally offered at $99K) will buy you this:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Landers/2360-Sand-Dr-92285/home/3858001

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Remote-Working Prospects + SF is a Needle/Shit-Infested Cesspool = Young Rich Families Moving to the 'burbs. 

They have deep pockets and wanted space: that dynamic drove demand around us to escalating heights for months & months.

FWIW, however, it feels to me like the real estate market has peaked. Two months ago, my wife & a college pal who lives nearby in the same zip code & I would play "Guess the Closing Price" on attractive Redfin listings.  My rule was to add $500K to asking, which was pretty close to reality. Now, you're seeing aggressively-priced houses sitting longer, and in some cases, not moving.

What's even more insane is the pricing of desert property out near Joshua Tree, a market I have watched religiously with purchase-intent for 20 years.  I mean... desert shrub land without water or utilities used to be highly illiquid & cheap out there.  Now... $151K (originally offered at $99K) will buy you this:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Landers/2360-Sand-Dr-92285/home/3858001

No wildfire risk. 

I really thought that the Four Laws of Market Dynamics post would go viral. 

Shows you how much I know. 

16 views. 

Does no one have a sense of humor anymore?

Or is mine just that warped? 

Archived