The MIT TA Symposium March 7, 2003

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you havetime take a look at the 240m SPX chart I posted above. See where the price stopped previously (50% level @819.38) and see where the next level was (61.8% @ 811.62) So far the low of the day is 811.23.

That tells me that the swings I picked to measure the projected moves are correct. The market is also looking for a bottom. Now what happens next....

Time will tell us.... As you see I try to pick a top for the next 18 bars move. An 18 bar move will "balance" previous downswings. Here is where we have a problem. If I measure the move from the 2/21 high the move is over. If I project it from the 3/3 high, the move will extend towards the end of next week.

Now you see how critical it is for the bulls to hold this level. The time and price is "right" for a bottom.

BUT.... If we trade below the current low and we extend from it, especially starting Monday the move will extend towards the next cluster of support around 3/14/03.

The explanation is to help you understand what my charts are all about and how I use the swings.

1 1/2 hours into the day, Long enough to see trend developing and 1st 5 min candle split,,,,, Trend suggests up today.

Did some extra dd on scans last night, using drill down method. To find potential shorts and longs.

Starting with sector scan,.... For today Long ATVI & Short SWFT

using rising or falling technical indicators, momentum and negative or positive volatiliity.... They are not the big money movers. But should be safe depending on market direction.... No way I could have dug them out any other way.........

we tested both the bottom and the top of the historical range for my ST chart

at the low

image007L.gif

and at the high

image007H.gif

and now we are back to almost where we started - back in the middle of the chart which means we are neutral - and either direction would produce hitorically consistent patterns.

projecting

+.15pts per hour for 10 hours in yellow

+0 in white

-.15 in yellow

on HOURLY SPY data:

my ST chart

image00710.gif

and my IT Attractor

image00810.gif

For those unfamiliar with my charts, an explanation can be found here. It focuses on daily data but is applicable to hourly by substituting hours for days in the trends, moving averages, lookback periods, slopes, etc

I would mind seeing an actual trade or two... Nothing overwhelming... But we all have our idea's about where the indice's are going. But, the actual trades are what put the meat and potatoes into the market. I won't say what I did on this chart, because it would be retro...

I do mark my own linear regression channels and often trade them

post-3-1047057218.gif

I would mind seeing an actual trade or two... Nothing overwhelming... But we all have our idea's about where the indice's are going. But, the actual trades are what put the meat and potatoes into the market. I won't say what I did on this chart, because it would be retro...

I do mark my own linear regression channels and often trade them

Sniff,

I don't mind posting some trades. Will try it for awhile. If it clutters de thread everyone, pls, let me know.

Gotta go out now for a coupla hours, will post trades for afternoon session (if any trades setup, ofkorse).

success!

gruff.

Archived