Program Robot Hysteria

UUUHHHH  Sweef:  That mental picture is psychologically disturbing :unsure:

Dusty,

You must go back to the old board (or was it the old, old board) and catch Sweef's 12-part series on G-d, the Bible and the Male Nipple in "Theology Stool."

One of the best doctorate thesis ever written by a Faber student!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweef-

In all seriousness, and with the door now dynamited open and swinging wide, I was thinking that I might inquire into a subject that has been weighting on my mind since... oh, around the commencement of my puberty years.

What, in your opinion, is the source of belly button lint? My belly button seems to fill up with lint by the end of every day. Yet, I'm quite diligent in showering and wearing freshly clothes on a daily basis. Furthermore, I have never observed a hole or even abrasion in the belly button area of the fabric of the shirts I wear. In other words, the belly button lint, which seems to have textile-like texture, would appear to spontaneously auto-generate each and every day, in my hairy button.

Help, Sweef. This is a long running splinter in my brain.

Yours,

G. Fokker

UUHHH FOKKER, I too have pondered the belly button lint question. I have your answer: The operative words are HAIRY belly button. The hair traps fabric particles and retains them in the belly button. You can verify this for yourself by looking at any female belly button. Females, without hairy belly buttons, retain no lint. If you do find a female with belly button lint, please tread with caution. Go ahead and shave your belly button hair off and this will solve your problem and it could also improve your mood. A shorn scrotum has the same pleasant feeling. Go ahead and experiment. :shocked

GF: You just destroyed a life long paradigm of mine. I thought Canadians all had outies.

Nexy thing you'll tell me is that you can touch your toes without bending your knees.

Nope, not all outies. Apparently Leonard Cohen had a girlfriend who tried to cook a piece of rice by taping into her bellybutton.

But, in all seriousness, I must return the inquiry to its original focus. What is the source of belly button lint? Your analytical, and perhaps theological skills are being summoned.

I DON'T THINK WE ARE GOING TO WAR AGAINST IRAQ. Having said that I believe that we stand a decent chance of triggering a good rally that will again challange the infamous S&P neckline. It would be a good time to load up a short position then.

Staying long for now. Sipping the Maalox on occasion.

GTN

I've been thinking this is also a real possibility. The thing is _if_ this comes to pass it will be after Shrub and his handlers can claim disarmament victory. By that time the Spee could easily be bouncing around in the mid to high 700's.

UUHHH FOKKER, I too have pondered the belly button lint question. I have your answer: The operative words are HAIRY belly button. The hair traps fabric particles and retains them in the belly button. You can verify this for yourself by looking at any female belly button. Females, without hairy belly buttons, retain no lint. If you do find a female with belly button lint, please tread with caution. Go ahead and shave your belly button hair off and this will solve your problem and it could also improve your mood. A shorn scrotum has the same pleasant feeling. Go ahead and experiment. :shocked

Yes, point duly noted. However, the hypothesis fails to explain the further observation that none of the inside belly button quadrants of my shirts show any signs of abrasion. With the 8 or so cubic millimeters of lint I find in my belly button every day, one would expect holes or at least signs of wear in that area of the clothing.

Belly buttons collect debris that cascade from the head/shoulders/chest/tummy on down to the waist. Fabrics, dead skin, hair, salt etc. gradually work their way down during the day. As you turn, stretch, bump, breath, grunt and sneeze, some particles find a home in the indented and somewhat moist and sticky belly button. You can find this function described in Paul 4:4.

Fokker, The answer could lie in the type of fabric you are wearing next to your skin. Try experimenting with different fabrics such as polyester, plastic or metallic shirts. Also, IMHO cotton undershirts are probably the culprit. Better yet, try going several days without wearing a shirt and see if the offending lint returns. If not, I think you must concentrate your efforts in the fabric matrix.

Archived