The MIT Trading Symposium 3/5/03

Good Morning and good stool to all TA meisters. Doc says many tanks to our master posters on this thread. For new folks, this thread is for short term TA and charts only. No chit chat. That goes on the adjacent sister thread on IDS. Longer term TA matters should be posted on Dr. Bontchev's TA Forum or on LOB.

Again, Doc says tanks to our masters. Everyone else, watch and learn! :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was about to post a chart but see that BB has already said it all. Yep, a nice breakdown of the uptrend since February 13 on the SPX. Yep, next supports at 818 and 806. In addition, if 806 breaks, a large bear flag comes into play.

Regards,

Vesselin

Good Morning Traders,

NQ BBZ 984.898 ~ 984.923 (bull/bear zone)

ES BBZ 821.503 ~ 821.857

NatuRal Squares:

7569 7744 7921

1225 1296 1369

784 841 900 961

324 361 400

NQ descending trendline: 986

ES descending trendline: 824

Success!

gruff

BubbaBear,

The current period is extremely important because there are quite a few strong "timing pivots" around here... They start from this week and they span till 3/14..

Personally I'm very cautious around these days because anything....and I mean "anything" can happen

looking for a short (one day?) bounce but may only be a swup. My "flat" projection satisfies the historical patterns.

projecting

+.15pts per hour for 10 hours in yellow

+0 in white

-.15 in yellow

on HOURLY SPY data:

my ST chart

image007.gif

and my IT Attractor

image008.gif

For those unfamiliar with my charts, an explanation can be found here. It focuses on daily data but is applicable to hourly by substituting hours for days in the trends, moving averages, lookback periods, slopes, etc

Sloth,

Probably due to the limited hourly data I have in the spreadsheet - I've only lately tried my method with hourly data. FYI below are my charts using four years of DAILY data. Still somewhat unsymetrical but more balanced - I'll have to think about your observation .

The daily data implies a potential roll-over on the IT (30 day) trend - but also allows for another push up before heading down

projecting

+5pts per DAY for 10 DAYS in yellow

-.5 in yellow

on DAILY SPY data:

my ST chart

image007.gif

and my IT Attractor

image008.gif

For those unfamiliar with my charts, an explanation can be found here. It focuses on daily data but is applicable to hourly by substituting hours for days in the trends, moving averages, lookback periods, slopes, etc

Archived