Yet Another Bottom? 3/22/21

The ES fucutures are trying to form a bottom as of 5 AM in New York. Downtrend channels remain in force, but will be challenged at 3900. The battle will be fought and decided at that level.

tvc_7cdcc62e605f0ce344898d796d8afcd7.png

I will be back later this morning with a live report from the battlefield. 

Meanwhile, Liquidity Trader Presents for your listening and dining pleasure:

A Little Pullback with Big Implications

This Trend of Bank Deposits Should Scare the Hell Out of You

The Day of Reckoning Is Upon Us

If you are a new reader, please register and join in. 

To post your observations, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam filter. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I got to 5002 Twit followers over the weekend. A hollow goal if there ever was one. 

I should have 500 thousand. 😄😄😄 

Perhaps a bunch of Kardashian-style selfies of you chronicling your everyday life (lounging by the pool, dining in 5-star restaurants, leaving the gym, etc.) would help pad those numbers? Would also drive traffic to 200DaysInEurope. I love those trading website marketing infomercials where the trader spends about 30 seconds a day trading, then he jumps into his Lambo and heads off to play tennis or polo or something, then off to the airport (private terminal of course) where the G650 whisks him and his significant other off to a 3 star Michelin restaurant somewhere for a fabulous champagne brunch, then its off to the spa for massages on the beach while he holds a cell phone in one hand and an iPad in the other and checks his trading account balances to show that he makes millions daily. Because, as everyone knows, trading is ridiculously easy once the guru tells his students the "secret". It's just that the "they" or the "them" on Wall Street have been withholding the secrets--until now. But we need to act quickly, as these secrets are only available to the first 10 subscribers.

Next step, a cap stool Instagram account for the selfies! 🙂

30 minute bars. One way of looking at this would be that the market has been in a flat up phase for the 2-3 day and 5 day cycles since Thursday at 3 PM. That would suggest a flush today. 

tvc_a8ecea6a699ea46ca2b2b5c27c95fd28.png

Step one in that scenario would be to get under 3895. Then I think that taking out the lows would come relatively easily. 

2 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

Perhaps a bunch of Kardashian-style selfies of you chronicling your everyday life (lounging by the pool, dining in 5-star restaurants, leaving the gym, etc.) would help pad those numbers? Would also drive traffic to 200DaysInEurope. I love those trading website marketing infomercials where the trader spends about 30 seconds a day trading, then he jumps into his Lambo and heads off to play tennis or polo or something, then off to the airport (private terminal of course) where the G650 whisks him and his significant other off to a 3 star Michelin restaurant somewhere for a fabulous champagne brunch, then its off to the spa for massages on the beach while he holds a cell phone in one hand and an iPad in the other and checks his trading account balances to show that he makes millions daily. Because, as everyone knows, trading is ridiculously easy once the guru tells his students the "secret". It's just that the "they" or the "them" on Wall Street have been withholding the secrets--until now. But we need to act quickly, as these secrets are only available to the first 10 subscribers.

Next step, a cap stool Instagram account for the selfies! 🙂

Will you be my marketing drecktor?  

I started that travel site with the best of intentions. But then I saw how much work it would be and how unlikely it was to attract followers. If you think this business is competitive, travel blogging is a sea of inanity. Since my inanity is no better than anyone else's I put aside the effort. 

Besides, I'm still having too much fun doing this. Sometimes I even get up to minimum wage.  

I must admit. Business has been good the past month.

I'm probably up to around $12-13 an hour. 

And you know, that's really good, considering that I'm otherwise unemployable. I applied for a job at the Fed, but they lost my application. 

It's really not fair because they have a jobs program for unemployable phd eConomists. There are 1500 slots, and the Fed filled all of them already. Once you get there, you just sit around picking your nose, and once or twice a year write a blog post saying how great the Fed is doing. And the Fed pays you a 6 figger income. 

Nice work if you can get it. 

8 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I started that travel site with the best of intentions. But then I saw how much work it would be and how unlikely it was to attract followers. If you think this business is competitive, travel blogging is a sea of inanity. Since my inanity is no better than anyone else's I put aside the effort. 

Besides, I'm still having too much fun doing this. Sometimes I even get up to minimum wage.  

I must admit. Business has been good the past month.

I'm probably up to around $12-13 an hour. 

I was really hoping your travel blog would take off. I loved your concept. Not only is it competitive line of business, but Covid didn't help.  

Mrs. Finger and I spend a lot of time in Mexico, but want to branch out. The smartest and dumbest thing I did was buy a small condo in Mexico. It's too easy in some ways. Three hour direct flight from Denver, easy for a gringo to get around, got our residency really easy, shipped a car down there to use, with no import duties. Insurance is cheap. Healthcare is cheap, even self-insuring. Property taxes are ridiculously cheap. But now we feel kind of obligated to go there for most of our trips so we feel kind of tied to it. I like your approach--if you don't like the view, pack a bag and go check out another place.  

I am really interested in spending some time in Europe. Croatia is on my shortest of short lists to visit and spend time. I even looked into possible residency, and it didn't look that easy to get at the time. I was kind of surprised when (I think I remember you said) you got yours, but maybe you had to jump through a lot of hoops.  

I can get lost for hours on youtube watching people chronicle their travels all over the globe. Some of the vids are really polished, and some are just awful. Doesn't matter to me, I love 'em all.  

OK, back to Mr. Market. I have been spending some time with the NQ lately instead of ES. I didn't like the view of the ES, so I decided to pack my bags and move on. 😃

32 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

I was really hoping your travel blog would take off. I loved your concept. Not only is it competitive line of business, but Covid didn't help.  

Mrs. Finger and I spend a lot of time in Mexico, but want to branch out. The smartest and dumbest thing I did was buy a small condo in Mexico. It's too easy in some ways. Three hour direct flight from Denver, easy for a gringo to get around, got our residency really easy, shipped a car down there to use, with no import duties. Insurance is cheap. Healthcare is cheap, even self-insuring. Property taxes are ridiculously cheap. But now we feel kind of obligated to go there for most of our trips so we feel kind of tied to it. I like your approach--if you don't like the view, pack a bag and go check out another place.  

I am really interested in spending some time in Europe. Croatia is on my shortest of short lists to visit and spend time. I even looked into possible residency, and it didn't look that easy to get at the time. I was kind of surprised when (I think I remember you said) you got yours, but maybe you had to jump through a lot of hoops.  

I can get lost for hours on youtube watching people chronicle their travels all over the globe. Some of the vids are really polished, and some are just awful. Doesn't matter to me, I love 'em all.  

OK, back to Mr. Market. I have been spending some time with the NQ lately instead of ES. I didn't like the view of the ES, so I decided to pack my bags and move on. 😃

I love Croatia. It's really cheap relative to France, and even cheaper than Spain and Portugal, and it's just as gorgeous and charming, if not more so. And it's very safe- the lowest crime rate in Europe, and among the lowest in the world.  Lots of photos in my Instagram feed. https://www.instagram.com/200daysineurope/

If you can prove your income, and have a clean record, you can get a one year residency permit. They need to be renewed each year. Permanent residency is tougher. 

Doing a travel blog would be fun, but even if you're middling successful, there's almost no money in it.  You need huge numbers to make a reasonable income off affiliate commissions. But it would be fun to pursue. I may get back to it but I'd need to cut back on this stuff, and I don't want to do that. At least not yet. 

Archived