The Hourly Chart Bear Market Shows the Way to the Seventies Crash 3/4/21

2 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

$1,500,000,000,000 - $205,000,000,000 still leaves a few bucks in the seat cushions with which to cause mischief. Holy cow these numbers look kinda big when you type them out. 

That's why I spell them. I lose track of how many zeros to use. LOL 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DrStool said:

That's why I spell them. I lose track of how many zeros to use. LOL 

You get used to it. Somewhere back in the dusty recesses of my tequila-addled mind, I remember the first time I went to Mexico back in 1995 or so, they had just devalued the peso. If my dim memory serves (and it often doesn't) they just basically lopped a few digits off the currency. Both bills stayed in circulation for awhile. So, as an example, a new 10 peso note had the same value as an old 10,000 peso note. 

And, to further show my brilliant currency acumen, when I bought my crappy condo in Cabo San Lucas in 2014, the peso was about 13:1 to the dollar. Now it's around 20-ish. So I have a huge built in capital gain that is about the same as the appreciation on my condo. Lesson learned about currency risk. As usual in the Finger household, I learn things the hard way, and much too late to be helpful in any meaningful or profitable manner.   🤡 

59 minutes ago, Takachi-1 said:

I can think of worse things than a condo in Cabo, pass it to the heirs!

Hope all stoles are well!

I'm just extra surly today because I just got back from there to freezing, rainy Denver yesterday. That's exactly the plan, it's now the Little Fingers' tax problem. They can have it when I shuffle off this mortal coil and become a Stiff Little Finger (underrated band by the way). 🙂

Days like this are fun--just not to trade. Nice to see familiar names around the old water, er, stool cooler!

28 minutes ago, Jorma said:

Rut row.  TNX = 1.5%.

The Treasury should just cut out the middle men and by Treasuries direct on days like this. Or something. I suppose a retest of the spike top 1.61 last Thursday makes some sense.

Nothing but zeros in Fed Repoland.

https://apps.newyorkfed.org/markets/autorates/tomo-results-display?SHOWMORE=TRUE&startDate=01/01/2000&enddate=01/01/2000

They officially discontinued that in January. Not sure why they're still publishing it. 

Yikes. I would say 3789 indeed broke with authority. Bears get shanked in the prison yard for awhile, then bulls get hung on a hook. Something for everybody to help assure that no one wins.  

"Hello 911? Yes, I would like to report a mass murder. Describe the victim? Well, at times today it kinda looked like a bear, and at times like a bull. Maybe some sort of shapeshifter?"

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.08.11 PM.png

Archived