Limping Along 1/12/21

The market appears to be early in a 5 day cycle up phase that began yesterday afternoon. So far, it is weak but it is working on breaking out of a downtrend channel, as of 4:30 AM New Yak time.  

tvc_774688b89c4fb3ccc053f737c3c5e9c3.png

If successful, it faces possible uptrend resistance at 3805, and if successful at getting through that, at 3815. Then, if that's cleared, the next step would be to test the high around 3825. 

None of that is a slam dunk. Primarily because of this.

tvc_848521c1b01a99291a2869afce53af79.png

It's an issue I have covered and warned about for months, with the latest update here

Tax Collections Did Better in December But The Bond Market Still Broke

I've talked about the likely inevitability that this breakout would happen, why it would happen, and what the implications are for investing and trading.  

KNOW WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW, before the Street does, read Lee Adler’s Liquidity Trader risk free for 90 days!

Act on real-time reality!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Holy cow. 10 year 1.185 

Not to worry. The newswire says some finance professor on CNBC says it could hit 2% this year and is nothing to worry about. Also offering the solid advice not to buy bonds. Buy stocks he says.

Setting that aside maybe the dealers aren't as long as we think they are.

hanging on to sqqq stop @ 14.5

"The industry is spectacularly successful in ensuring that its message echoes far and wide: its profoundly deep pockets purchase seats at all the right tables in the global and national watchdog agencies, media organizations, and scientific associations—which manage the misinformation. Thus, industry’s billions decide which scientists and studies get funded or defunded, which get quoted or discredited, which agency commissioners bounce back and forth from telecom companies and corporate law firms, and how dissenters—such as U.S. states and cities—are sued and usually silenced."

https://washingtonspectator.org/wireless-hazards/

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

Not to worry. The newswire says some finance professor on CNBC says it could hit 2% this year and is nothing to worry about. Also offering the solid advice not to buy bonds. Buy stocks he says.

Setting that aside maybe the dealers aren't as long as we think they are.

Are you saying that they lie in their weekly reports to the Fed? I kind of doubt that. 

Nope, the dual selloff in both bonds and stocks is exactly what I have been forecasting. Bonds lead. There's nothing new in that. Nothing whatsoever.

Archived