Day of Infamy II 1/7/21

This is an hourly chart of the ES- S&P 500 fucutures, 24 hour basis. As they say in my hometown of Philly, "Hard to believe, Harry." 

It's like somebody took a bite out of the middle of the thing this week.

tvc_674f3e627b7cab4347fd86a1d2943a71.png

It almost made a new high while the US Capitol was under attack by a Nazi mob, a mob that the US Capitol Police allowed in, and allowed to roam freely, giving them minimal resistance.

As always, if the cops aren't leading the violence against the American people, they are complicit in it.  There were a few brave heroes who stood their ground and did their jobs, but the bulk of them were opening the gates for the mob, and yukking it up with them. Where was the force necessary to stop the attack, so evident in other cases of police "crowd control" over the past year? Why were the attackers allowed to simply walk out of the building with no attempt at containment or apprehension. 

The US Capitol Police were complicit. They were collaborating with the enemy. 

We live in a thinly veiled fascist police state and remain in grave danger, despite the outcry yesterday from a few leaders in the Fascist party, who've suddenly and belatedly gotten the religion of democracy, the Constitution, and the rule of law. 

My thought for them is, "As ye sow, so shall ye reap."

Got bless the USA.  

Cycle projections are meaningless until further notice.  

Meanwhile, stay safe back home. That virus is still coming for us. 

Thanks to the few of you who still stop by. 

Lee

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of business I've lost for expressing my views over the years has been staggering.  Breaks my heart, but in terms of the universe and our ultimate end as a black hole singularity in a couple trillion years I guess I really shouldn't care.

For each one of us, our instant of consciousness is all that matters. Must be true to that reality, whatever it is. 

53 minutes ago, DrStool said:

The amount of business I've lost for expressing my views over the years has been staggering.  Breaks my heart, but in terms of the universe and our ultimate end as a black hole singularity in a couple trillion years I guess I really shouldn't care.

For each one of us, our instant of consciousness is all that matters. Must be true to that reality, whatever it is. 

AMEN

I really don't think I ever feared death, i do not welcome it but why should I fear it...I was dead 13.8 billion years before i existed ..."the now" is what is important

8 minutes ago, No Einstein said:

AMEN

I really don't think I ever feared death, i do not welcome it but why should I fear it...I was dead 13.8 billion years before i existed ..."the now" is what is important

I've been dead, interrupting my moment of consciousness. 

It was nothing. Really. 

On this day, I really don't have the heart to trade. I don't have the heart to promote my business. It's an exercise in futility anyway. I've lost half my subscribers since the March bottom. Despite being right about the market week in and week out with few exceptions.  Why bother?  

I must press on. We'll get through this. 

The raison du jour will be that the market is celebrating the failure of the Trumpist Nazi fascist coup. 

BUT the vermin are still out there. Unapprehended, unpunished, supported by gestapo police forces, who are above the law, in every city. 

We have many long nights ahead of us. The fight for democracy and the rule of law is only beginning.  

We are living in a world where asset prices are a matter of national security. Maintaining the debt ponzi scheme at all costs. What we saw yesterday and just like with liberal protests is a growing frustration of income inequality at its foundation. The pin to this entire political system is inflation. Financial assets have been hyperinflating relative to wages. If the cost of living actually begins to rise, in the same manner it will not be the left or right that will feel threatened, it will be everyone.  Inflation does not discriminate. The Fed can raise rates and stop this monetary madness, but they can’t because asset prices will crash. This is not a political statement but rather someone trying to follow the money.

I'm agnostic about consumer inflation.  It depends I guess on getting money into the hands of those who spend on broad based consumer goods, rather than just assets. If the $2000 stimmy is a down payment, then CPI should tick up. 

The other thing is that they don't count housing prices, which are inflating at 12% per year. So if that were included at its current weight of about 35% of core, then add about 3.5% to CORE and you have the actual overall CPI rate. 

On the other hand, if the mortgage subsidy goes away via higher long term yields, then that housing inflation rate would come down, if not reverse.

The Fed will need to buy a lot more paper under the developing circumstances. 

https://liquiditytrader.com/index.php/2021/01/06/now-that-were-through-the-month-end-qe-shortage/

Archived