Failed Test Double Top Sucker Punch 12/3/20

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DrStool said:

The reason the US is doing worse than any other country on earth is simple. That segment of the American people who refuse to behave responsibly with regard to their own health, and that of their fellow human beings. It disgusts me.  

But it's not just the US. Europeans are no different. But their governments are more aggressive in promulgating masking rules and lockdowns to knock down the spread of the virus. These countries are now doing far better than they were a few weeks ago. 

Totally understand. I just feel for the small businesses that are forced to shut down while the big corporate stores have carte blanche.

Croatia has taken a hands off approach to this wave and it has been an absolute catastrophe. 

croatia.png

Just last weekend they shut down the cafes, bars, and restaurants. These are the centerpiece of Croatian culture, so I understand the reluctance. But 400 people a week are dying of the disease now. On a population adjusted basis, that's like 36,000 deaths a week in the US.   

9 minutes ago, potatohead said:

Totally understand. I just feel for the small businesses that are forced to shut down while the big corporate stores have carte blanche.

Where are small businesses being forced to shut down in the same business line as bigger stores that are allowed to stay open. That would be insane too. 

Look dead people don't shop. Sick people don't shop for a few weeks. 

If they had shut down the right way the first time, they could have squashed this. There are soon going to be 300,000 dead people from this in the US. 

That's disgusting. It could have been prevented. 

How much better would business be if we had shut this thing down last spring when we had the chance.  

But no, certain people demanded their "freedom" to get the virus, and maybe get sick or die themselves, while killing the elderly they spread the virus to in the process. Fucking morons.  

You're damn right I'm angry. All these people didn't have to die. 

Someone I love very much has the virus. Because somebody else was selfish and stupid and didn't give a fornicate about other people. 

Trump should take his firing squads and aim them at his own bastard cultists. 

6 minutes ago, DrStool said:

You're damn right I'm angry. All these people didn't have to die. 

Someone I love very much has the virus. Because somebody else was selfish and stupid and didn't give a fornicate about other people. 

Trump should take his firing squads and aim them at his own bastard cultists. 

Understand your anger. Here is one article. Can send many others.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/business-group-says-lockdown-loopholes-hurt-small-retailers-benefit-big-box-stores-1.5191333

Archived