So Full of Surprises 10/20/20

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I set different sounds for the bull watchlist and the bear watchlist. Plus a couple special ones. 

With all the volatility, must sound like a Rain Forest Cafe plus screaming babies and marital arguments.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About 85% of the mass in the universe and 25% of its mass-energy is made up of dark matter. Dark energy is thought to account for 68% of the universe's energy.  NASA says, "More is unknown than is kno

In the long run, the Fed’s determined to make all shares big caps....

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0029118 Even with only 9 students in the room and 2.4 m distance between students, the aerosol (1 µm–20 µm) is transmitted in significant quantities betwee

21 minutes ago, potatohead said:

With all the volatility, must sound like a Rain Forest Cafe plus screaming babies and marital arguments.

Mostly bells, beeps, chimes and rings. Sounds like a busy ER. The last 15 minutes have been nuts. 

What it tells me is that I have too many stocks on my watchlists, and I need a filter to get rid of the rangebound triggering. Have to figure that out. 

I don't even know what most of these symbols represent.  LIke, are they real companies. All big caps, but most I never heard of. Whatever the screens give me for that day. 

That upside shakeout around 3:35-45 took out all the shorts. I was one of them. I was flat by 3:38. Seems like there's no long side buyers in this market. Just shorts covering at support and trend triggers. 

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

I don't even know what most of these symbols represent.  LIke, are they real companies. All big caps, but most I never heard of. Whatever the screens give me for that day. 

In the long run, the Fed’s determined to make all shares big caps....

• Like 1

As an aside - if you have kids and have anything to do with schools re-opening please consider this paper - it is the best I've read all year on the subject:

Numerical investigation of aerosol transport in a classroom with relevance to COVID-19

aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0029118

Just now, sandy beach said:

As an aside - if you have kids and have anything to do with schools re-opening please consider this paper - it is the best I've read all year on the subject:

Numerical investigation of aerosol transport in a classroom with relevance to COVID-19

aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0029118

For the those who don't want to read it they've got a great summary at the bottom.