Weekend at Bernie's 10/5/20

The stock futures markets have taken the weekend at Bernie's in stride. At 3:20 AM in New York the ES fucutures were up 14.50, but off their highs by about a dozen points.  

The hourly chart has trend channels going every which way, so anything, can happen, or nothing may happen. For now, the hourly indicators, which usually represent a 2-3 day cycle are stariting to edge down. So you could make a case for today being a down day. Initial support areas are around 3348 and 3338. 

There seems to be a 5 day cycle projection of 3307. At the same time, there's an unmet 2-3 day cycle projection of 3394. So take your pick. Futures now up only 10, testing that first support area. 

tvc_461c3774778857ae8ebf68f03d915630.png

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hour bar perspective. Looks a little head and shouldery. But the right shoulder would be higher than the left. It has been decades since I remember seeing a higher right shoulder with a materially bearish outcome. 

tvc_7c782af1b7d2a37c649a3e94626d6742.png

ES flirting with a double top with today's high, and today's high with the Oct 1 high. So far 1 point below that one. I have a list of shorts ready on autopilot. But if they break out upside, I have no longs. I better get busy. 

Archived