So the Debate Went Well 9/30/20

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

That would be a Big Dipper. 

iu.jpeg.44d88ea931b05e8ac280e84e9011ed3d.jpeg

I think I have whiplash. 

I met Wilt twice. Once when I was a kid at the Sixers ticket office in Center City Philly, in the old Sheraton Hotel. And once a few years before he died, in Boca. He was part owner of his namesake restaurant. 

Wilt was not a nice person, but didn't matter. 

I heard that game on my 5 transistor radio. It was played in Hershey Pa. I remember the radio sitting on the ladder in the middle of my bedroom. I think Dad was painting it that day. That was some excitement. 

By the way, that was the Philadelphia Warriors. They moved to SF a year or two later. Then the Nats moved from Syracuse to Philly. And they got Wilt from the Warriors.  That 67 team was the greatest ever. 

2 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I met Wilt twice. Once when I was a kid at the Sixers ticket office in Center City Philly, in the old Sheraton Hotel. And once a few years before he died, in Boca. He was part owner of his namesake restaurant. 

Wilt was not a nice person, but didn't matter. 

I heard that game on my 5 transistor radio. It was played in Hershey Pa. I remember the radio sitting on the ladder in the middle of my bedroom. I think Dad was painting it that day. That was some excitement. 

By the way, that was the Philadelphia Warriors. They moved to SF a year or two later. Then the Nats moved from Syracuse to Philly. And they got Wilt from the Warriors.  That 67 team was the greatest ever. 

Yes. For my money, the greatest player of all time. For sure the most dominant. And one of the most amazing athletes of all time. Tremendous volleyball player too. Freakishly strong, according to Schwarzenegger, who should know. Five of the top six scoring average seasons, averaged more than 48 minutes a game one season, and even led the league in assists once. Free throws left a bit to be desired though. Would love to see what he could do today in a league without dominant centers. 

By the way, did anything happen in the market today? 🙂

We also could say that it was simply a fight bull vs bears about who wants to go long into October and that in a election year. Given that the bulls did ok, cause they prevented market from falling a lot today, which would have been pretty normal on a Sep 30 right in front of ab election.

I only look at ES. The overnight low was 3301. Look where cash closed. Nothing bearish to see.

They will use the 1.6 Trill. They will do this rechnically good, cause they are advised by hard core pros (Goldman, JPM and wotnot).

They will win the election, if we like that or not. Market will not collapse in October and that‘s gonna seal the deal for Trump.

Don‘t read too much into the polls. Social science knows since decades that voters of radical parties or persons don‘t tell their true intention when asked. The vote for Trump will be higher than the polls show right now.

Archived