Market With DTs 9/15/20

5 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Gotta get through that wall at 3410. 

I hope our California stoolies are ok. 

Thinking of you and hoping for the best. I have many cousins in Cali too. God what a nightmare. 

Trump says we need to do a better job of raking the forest. Can you imagine what will happen if he remains in office? 

Can things get worse than this? 

Why yes. Yes they can. 

He said yesterday that trees can explode. 😂

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here's the 16M. Was hoping current uptrend might end today or tomorrow latest. A touch and away we go off bottom channel, or not? In the words of the late, great Oscar Gamble, "they don't think it be like it is, but it do." I'm just gonna "let it do", and take a walk. Market will still be here tomorrow. Take 'er down!  🙂

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 1.21.25 PM.png

32 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Gotta get through that wall at 3410. 

I hope our California stoolies are ok. 

Thinking of you and hoping for the best. I have many cousins in Cali too. God what a nightmare. 

Trump says we need to do a better job of raking the forest. Can you imagine what will happen if he remains in office? 

Can things get worse than this? 

Why yes. Yes they can. 

I’m on the edge of the western world here in Sausalito, CA air quality is finally improving significantly at the moment. That situation looks to be moving East. Thank you for your concern. Pray for rain, there’s none in sight for the foreseeable forecasts. And that’s what climate change is really about with this. The time until seasonal rains arrive. Well neither are three digit temps near me but luckily none of that is in the forecast either. 

6 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Any Brits here?

Talk about economic euphemisms.

"Redundancies"

What the fornicate are "redundancies."

The word is "firings" if I'm not mistaken.

OK, so use "layoffs."

Really seems to be the British English term for „layoffs“. I only know „redundancy“ as an Statistics term.

3 hours ago, DrStool said:

Any Brits here?

Talk about economic euphemisms.

"Redundancies"

What the fornicate are "redundancies."

The word is "firings" if I'm not mistaken.

OK, so use "layoffs."

Are you saying "layoff" is not a euphemism for termination of employment?  We use "redundancies" term here too. 

Not saying that. Just that "redundancies" seemed absurd, like "growth" or "appreciation" when referring to  inflation. 

However, I just looked up the definition in the Oxford Dictionary, and indeed, the Brits have a specific meaning for it that is different from American usage. 

noun: redundancy
  1. the state of being not or no longer needed or useful.
    "the redundancy of 19th-century heavy plant machinery"
    • BRITISH
      the state of being no longer in employment because there is no more work available.
      plural noun: redundancies
      "the factory's workers face redundancy"

The Brits do have a way with words. For example, when they say "lovely," they really mean "terrible." 

Archived