Re-effing Relentless 8/27/20

Excellent discussion last night after I had gone to bed. For those of you unaware I'm in Your Rope and it is 6 hours later here than back home in ETUS.  

Welcome to Hobbiewood! Good stuff. Thanks for joining the conversation.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I SMELL THAT MILLENIUM SMELL

Yes it smells like the year 2000,

Complete parabola stock market.

Ridiculous valuations.

Re the Fed pinning the bond market

Note I made the WW2 rate suppression analogy in a post here back in December 2019.

Im surprised Bank depositors hav'nt started fleeing......

Banks in Australia are offering 1% rates when inflation is 2%.  

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I SMELL THAT MILLENIUM SMELL

Yes it smells like the year 2000,

Complete parabola stock market.

Ridiculous valuations.

Re the Fed pinning the bond market

Note I made the WW2 rate suppression analogy in a post here back in December 2019.

Im surprised Bank depositors hav'nt started fleeing......

Banks in Australia are offering 1% rates when inflation is 2%.  

Savers have the money while  borrows has none.

There is no way debt holder can repaid the loans unless Savers subsidise it.

End is near Just have to watch Nasty for it to top out. It's going to happen in September which I have been saying for sometime.

12100 on Nasty?

Sep top.png

Fintwit latest.   B This has been the narrative for the last few months.  anks have been making less loans because low interest rates, this decreases money supply.

Now they are saying, when rates rise and there is flat or contracting lending growth, as there is now, higher rates will lead to a further contraction in lending growth and ultimately lower interest rates. ....

:wacko2::wacko2:

Banks are up 3% today...

I really hope these guys reach out to you Lee. The amount of confusion out there is incredible. Many believe this liquidity and QE is all make believe, can not be spent or invested, and is not directly contributing to higher asset prices.

9 minutes ago, potatohead said:

Fintwit latest.   B This has been the narrative for the last few months.  anks have been making less loans because low interest rates, this decreases money supply.

Now they are saying, when rates rise and there is flat or contracting lending growth, as there is now, higher rates will lead to a further contraction in lending growth and ultimately lower interest rates. ....

:wacko2::wacko2:

Banks are up 3% today...

I really hope these guys reach out to you Lee. The amount of confusion out there is incredible. Many believe this liquidity and QE is all make believe, can not be spent or invested, and is not directly contributing to higher asset prices.

Those are all second derivative arguments. Keep your eye on the prize. Market prices. 

I just don't have time for all those theoretical arguments. 

Trust me. They won't "reach out to me." They'd rather jerk themselves off with all this theoretical nonsense. Nobody is interested in the nuts and bolts of basic Accounting 101.  

Just reading the thread was draining.  I put my two cents in, just in the misguided hope that I might snag a subscriber or two. 

Complete waste of time. 

Another subscriber asked me to get involved with a very similar discussion thread on Twitter. I took one look at it and my head spun off my spine and shot into outer space where it supernovaed. 

Archived