The Only Thing That Matters on the Bullshit Train 8/26/20

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, DrStool said:

When do you think I will ever be able to come to Germany? 

I was written up in a Croatian business magazine this week Lider.  

They found me so fascinating that they're now doing an entire article about me.. 

17334 (3).pdf 70.13 kB · 7 downloads

Germany a few days ago did put Croatia on the „risk country“ list. So that basically makes it impossible for you to come to Germany now or maybe possible but only with major hassle I guess.

It seemed Croatia had Corona somewhat under control. But then they opened the country because big dependancy on tourism and imported the crap big time. Sad.

Awesome that you made it to that magazine. Very cool! 😎

27 minutes ago, BurntOnce said:

the price of lumber has doubled in the last three weeks.  inflation? there's no stinking inflation!

It trippled since the March low. Crazy.

is it correct that this is the fastest advance of Lumber ever? Even faster and bigger in magnitude than before/during the housing bubble? Can someone confirm?

Hi Stoolies, with regard to lumber I can confirm that we're going through a great deal of it here in California. Furthermore I can tell you that prior to this latest spate of destruction we were thinking construction costs might actually be going down. No such luck, much like the other recent episodes this is going to drive construction costs up even further. https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-26/california-fires-burn-more-than-1-600-structures-but-total-losses-could-top-3-000-officials-say

Be yeah of course there's no inflation.

9 minutes ago, Hobbiewood said:

Hi Stoolies, with regard to lumber I can confirm that we're going through a great deal of it here in California. Furthermore I can tell you that prior to this latest spate of destruction we were thinking construction costs might actually be going down. No such luck, much like the other recent episodes this is going to drive construction costs up even further. https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-26/california-fires-burn-more-than-1-600-structures-but-total-losses-could-top-3-000-officials-say

Be yeah of course there's no inflation.

There is no Inflation in an Ivory tower or for Filthy Rich. For poor there is Inflation and  loans. 

Archived