Except Bears Can't Go To Wall Street 8/13/20

48 minutes ago, PullMyFinger said:

Cases, hospitalizations, or deaths? I'm having such a hard time tracking the numbers, I don't know what to believe here in the States.

Stay safe. I came down with coronavirus earlier this summer. Was fairly sick, but not hospitalized. Definitely not a fun experience. Didn't get tested for about 10 days after I first had symptoms because I'm stubborn and stupid, but I did self-quarantine as soon as I started feeling bad. Tested positive 4 weeks in a row after that, then finally had a negative test. No one else in my family got it, or if they did they were asymptomatic. Just lucky ol' me. The cough and shortness of breath lingered for weeks after the fatigue and headaches went away. And several weeks exiled to my basement was not a plus either.

Felt I was in pretty good hands as I live close to Jewish Hospital here in Denver, and they have a very highly rated respiratory practice. I asked the testing nurse if each of my positive tests counted as a case, and she said not in Colorado, but also read anecdotally in other states that each positive test is a case. So I have no idea what the numbers really are, or aren't. I just know that as you say they aren't good.  

Glad you're doing well now. Be sure to have your heart checked! 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DrStool said:

If this pullback holds through the hour, hourlies will edge to sell side. Nice negative divergences too. 

"If"

tvc_58a349cdb5bab5d4962a8028b014851c.png

Anditsgone. 

Market bounces back. No sell signals at the moment. 

1 minute ago, BurntOnce said:

could be the mother of all double tops, right here.

it's hard to believe in tech when it's based on toxic wireless.

my own doctor was complaining of a headache from his PC, zooming all day.

I am watching.

Next week or following week?

It will be a big surprise to everyone when it does happens. 

dont get me wrong. 

of course valuations of  tech companies are frothy

but its differnet then in 2002 when those companies didnt generate rev at all. 

we could have a correction but making a bet on crash or coming back to 2002 level is absurd to me. we live in different world. everything is becoming digital. everything. 

1 hour ago, SiP said:

dont get me wrong. 

of course valuations of  tech companies are frothy

but its differnet then in 2002 when those companies didnt generate rev at all. 

we could have a correction but making a bet on crash or coming back to 2002 level is absurd to me. we live in different world. everything is becoming digital. everything. 

I agree 100%. There are lots of folks who said that when Apple was at a PE of 17 that it was „ridiciously overpriced“, that were guys with „big names“ in the web or on Twitter. Fact is: At a PE of 17 Apple was a MONSTER bargain. 

Sales for the Iphone 12 will completely bomb the rooftop away. People forget one thing: Many many folks are in fact PROFITEURS of Corona. The complete upper middle class of every western society profits from Corona. That‘s the typical Apple customer. The money which was saved by not having to commute to work and which was not spent for an expensive vacation will be spent for stuff like the new iphone or the new ipad pro.

The monopolies are there and they will not be broken up. There wont be a second try like with Mafiasoft in the 90s. See, it was obvious even for a blind ape, that by the middle of the 90s MSFT was a HORROR monopoly, yet the trial was not successfull.

Never ever will the NDX fall to 2002 levels. 

Archived