Destination 3320 Or Beat the Meat 8/4/20

That's the latest 5 day cycle projection. But there's a little matter of round number resistance to be handled.

Also, hourly indicators are on the sell side with a negative divergence since yesterday. If we get an hourly close below 3282, I might buy some weekly SPY puts for a little joyride. I'm not saying that you should. I'm just saying that for my own self flaggelation.  

tvc_513c06845b886e25356f055be3f91642.png

• DrStool changed the title to Destination 3320 Or Beat the Meat 8/4/20
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quieter around here last couple of days than watching an old married couple at breakfast in a restaurant struggling to find something to say to each other . . . 

Is it just the relentless grind up that has worn everyone out, or has complacency crept in everywhere? At least for me the tradable moves seem to be in the day futures session of late, rather than at night for us still stuck in the U.S. 

44 minutes ago, SiP said:

What gold is doing and silver, its just amazing. Completely overbought, and it keep moving higher!  

Buying panic and a sign that there are big players who buy hand over fist at any cost.

There were 2 psycho barriers, the 2011 ATH and big psycho number 2000. Both broken. So that‘s a complete sentiment switch. Even those who hate Gold gonna buy some now. Don‘t forget: The media hasn‘t really discovered it yet. Gold didnt really get hyped yet. IF it is gonna hyped like Nasdaq stocks - which is not completely unlikely - it will hit 5000 by Christmas.

9 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Buying panic and a sign that there are big players who buy hand over fist at any cost.

There were 2 psycho barriers, the 2011 ATH and big psycho number 2000. Both broken. So that‘s a complete sentiment switch. Even those who hate Gold gonna buy some now. Don‘t forget: The media hasn‘t really discovered it yet. Gold didnt really get hyped yet. IF it is gonna hyped like Nasdaq stocks - which is not completely unlikely - it will hit 5000 by Christmas.

OMG.

You are making me worried. Then again Gold Forum is dead. Only Gold Bull in Bearish Forum

5 minutes ago, jp6 said:

OMG.

You are making me worried. Then again Gold Forum is dead. Only Gold Bull in Bearish Forum

In my view, Gold is not a part of the portfolios of most people. Imagine what happens if there will be a mental shift and most start to add Gold so that they have at least a 5 or 10% exposure to Gold in their portfolio.

we may have also the wrong reference: we look at 2000 and say „oh Gold was at 280 then now it is 2000, so it already went up quite a lot“. Let‘s assume that POG in the year was just idiotically low, it almost wasn‘t there as an asset class anymore, NO ONE had Gold. If I remember correctly the POG didn‘t even appear on many tickers in the media. So let‘s say 1000 is a realistic starting point. Then it just did double in price. Is that a lot in a time where CB‘s print like madman, where we have a pandemic, which doesn‘t seem to end and so forth?

If I‘d be long Gold I never ever would it sell here for a trade. Just let it ride and see what happens.

Archived