Support Holds. Hourly Indicators Bullish Again 7/27/20

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Shoulda coulda woulda. Do it now. Or wait for a pullback. On to the charts! 

When drop Start it's always fast. weak Dollar is very good for Gold and Commodities. 2001 is playing out again. IMHO

93 on the index will seal the deal

Fast drop.png

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I spend so much time on my own research and analysis I have no time to review other people's work. 

I'm sure it would be interesting to see what Eliades has to say. I remember him from when I started on Wall Street back in the 70s.

I started doing computerized Hurst Cycle projections in 1982 for my Marketrack newsletter that I produced  for NYSE regional firm Herzfeld and Stern. I was working with Metastock on an Apple IIe. It took about 30 minutes to run one cycle chart on the Dow. Today it takes about one second.  Still use Metastock. 

I became deeply interested in liquidity analysis because I knew that it was the context, that is the fundamental trend, over which cyclicality was overlaid. Even Hurst said that only 22% of price motion could be attributed to cycles. The other 78%, he said, was the fundamental trend. 

It only became possible for me to really delve deeply into liquidity when the Fed began publishing voluminous information online about 20 years ago. Back in the 70s and 80s, they made you guess. They published nothing except for the money supply release every Thursday after the bell. We'd all crowd around the news ticker to see what the number was, and then wait breathlessly to see what Henry Kaufman - Dr. Doom-  and Al Wojnilower- Dr. Death -  had to say about it. 

32 minutes ago, DrStool said:

and then wait breathlessly to see what Henry Kaufman - Dr. Doom-  and Al Wojnilower- Dr. Death -  had to say about it. 

Ha! There we have it, the roots of all the problems: You'd have better listened to Dr. Brightside, Dr. Milkanhoney and Dr. Lalaland!

:lol::lol::lol:

When I first got in the business I was a stock picker. Had I simply held the stuff I bought back in the seventies, I'd be relaxing in my villa on a Greek Island.  One of my favorites was Pall Corp. which Danaher bought in 2000. I bought it around $3 and sold around $5. It was acquired by Danaher in 2015 for $127. SInce then, Danaher has tripled. 

Another one I had back in the seventies was Teleflex. I don't remember what I paid or sold it for, but it was $1.42 in 1980, when I was still in the biz. It's now $387. 

Another one I had was Fisher Scientific. It's now Thermo Fisher Scientific after the two companies merged in 2005.  Again, I probably made a few bucks and sold it. In 1980 the price was 

First stock I ever bought was a little record maker called EMI. Went nowhere. :lol: 

A couple of my earliest winners were a high flyer called Utah Idaho Sugar, and United Asbestos. Don't ask.  LOLOL. 

Point and figure chart breakouts. LOL 

11 minutes ago, DrStool said:

When I first got in the business I was a stock picker. Had I simply held the stuff I bought back in the seventies, I'd be relaxing in my villa on a Greek Island.  One of my favorites was Pall Corp. which Danaher bought in 2000. I bought it around $3 and sold around $5. It was acquired by Danaher in 2015 for $127. SInce then, Danaher has tripled. 

Another one I had back in the seventies was Teleflex. I don't remember what I paid or sold it for, but it was $1.42 in 1980, when I was still in the biz. It's now $387. 

Another one I had was Fisher Scientific. It's now Thermo Fisher Scientific after the two companies merged in 2005.  Again, I probably made a few bucks and sold it. In 1980 the price was 

First stock I ever bought was a little record maker called EMI. Went nowhere. :lol: 

A couple of my earliest winners were a high flyer called Utah Idaho Sugar, and United Asbestos. Don't ask.  LOLOL. 

Point and figure chart breakouts. LOL 

It's Going to be same with Gold. If you just Buy  the dips. should be able to buy what ever you want. Just have to watch Gold to SPX ratio for Trend change. 

DXY bottom 2026.png

Archived