What's Holding Up The Dow?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KW, nice work.... and it was a lot of work.

I had started to do something similar for myself last night using stockcharts perfcharts, based on the highest priced stocks, and then comparing their performance over past several months. But it was a LOT of work and I gave up. Certainly nice that you finished the job on your research. We ALL appreciate the analysis; I know I do!

I went ahead a set up a folder in stockcharts with just the Dow stocks you've zoomed in on so I could keep them in my favorite form for quick review: 6 mo daily, candle, 10 & 20 ema, and 50 & 200 sma, vol, MACD, Wm%R, and ADX, along with support on one that are breaking down like PG & UTX .

I wonder how long they can milk IBM and MMM. I suppose until some news hits that IBM's pension situation is more than they originally thought and MMM has some type of derivative exposure (guessing on that one). Only "ticket takers" making money on these two, or maybe big players / MMs sitting on covered calls, collecting profits. Although covered call writers may have made their money already when the put call ratio went from the highs of early Feb, down to the current lows. ;)

Archived