Market Rallies on Strength in Biden and COVID Numbers 6/26/20

20 minutes ago, BurntOnce said:

this stark article on 5g is published by IEEE.

5G and its effects on human health

Who is...Abbas Haider ...credentials ?    Not one specific source for studies claims!!!!

not saying it isnt true...but this is just a guy on the Internet...IMVHO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The think about deaths is they often lag infections by four weeks and we are still having protesters, migrant works and "going back to business" shoppers and works mingling every day. The most at risk are sheltered still (I hope). So probably younger folks will be getting infected and only later infecting their older relatives and friends in 1 - 2 weeks who will then die 3-4 weeks after that. So we may not see an uptick for a while. Hopefully infections are limited more to the younger cohorts this time now that more people are aware of the issue. But in some communities information is still not getting in. 

3 minutes ago, No Einstein said:

Who is...Abbas Haider ...credentials ?    Not one specific source for studies claims!!!!

not saying it isnt true...but this is just a guy on the Internet...IMVHO

GOOGLE SAYS

Abbas Haider is a Pakistani singer, actor, writer and host. He is known for his appearance as DJ in Dunya News's talkshow

or

Welcome to the Dental Practice of Abbas Haider, DDS proudly serving Decatur and surrounding areas. Creating and Maintaining beautiful and healthy smiles for a lifetime in a comfortable and caring environment without third parties dictating terms of care.

36 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Quality of life issue for those who are risk is a real thing. This link shows what your brain looks like via MRI images after the SARS-CoV-2 eats it:

https://www.rsna.org/news/2020/June/Brain-MRI-Findings-In-COVID-19

Worth a look but not while you are eating. Sit down before opening link. This is the result of direct infection of the brain or of the arteries in the brain. 

And this is in addition to all the strokes people are having due to thrombosis during disease and up to weeks later. That's an unrelated issue. 

Ummm... redoubling my sheltering efforts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/how-arizona-lost-control-of-the-epidemic/2020/06/25/f692a5a8-b658-11ea-aca5-ebb63d27e1ff_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

My cousin is an ER doc and toxicologist in Tucson. She's a brilliant young woman on the frontlines of the madness in Arizona and throughout the South and West. She is in danger every day.  

The governors of these states have quite literally chosen to commit mass murder.  Having been warned repeatedly, they knew exactly what would happen. The simple act of requiring people to wear masks in public could have prevented this. These governors and their supporters are the philosphical spawn of the Southern slaveowners of 160 years ago. They are getting what they wished for.  

Everyone else is an innocent victim.    

5 minutes ago, DrStool said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/how-arizona-lost-control-of-the-epidemic/2020/06/25/f692a5a8-b658-11ea-aca5-ebb63d27e1ff_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

My cousin is an ER doc and toxicologist in Tucson. She's a brilliant young woman on the frontlines of the madness in Arizona and throughout the South and West. She is in danger every day.  

The governors of these states have quite literally chosen to commit mass murder.  Having been warned repeatedly, they knew exactly what would happen. The simple act of requiring people to wear masks in public could have prevented this. These governors and their supporters are the philosphical spawn of the Southern slaveowners of 160 years ago. They are getting what they wished for.  

Everyone else is an innocent victim.    

If you look at a key ratio - percentage of people over 65 versus number of ICU beds AZ major cities in AZ are some of the most at risk in the nation. They'll run out of beds quickly unlike many young University towns with research hospitals for example. 

50 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

The think about deaths is they often lag infections by four weeks and we are still having protesters, migrant works and "going back to business" shoppers and works mingling every day. The most at risk are sheltered still (I hope). So probably younger folks will be getting infected and only later infecting their older relatives and friends in 1 - 2 weeks who will then die 3-4 weeks after that. So we may not see an uptick for a while. Hopefully infections are limited more to the younger cohorts this time now that more people are aware of the issue. But in some communities information is still not getting in. 

Is there any evidence of mutation to a less deadly form, or of doctors getting a handle on keeping those with serious illness alive?

Returning to health is obviously not going to happen for some victims. This, to me is what is most terrifying.

So I stay here in Croatia where it's relatively easy to avoid direct contact with other humans. Although I don't do it 100%. I do shop at times, or get takeout. Sadly, I am virtually the only person wearing a mask, especially one that is tight fitting, designed to filter out as much as possible. When I do see people wearing masks, they are so loose fitting as to be worthless, given that no one else is wearing them. 

So it's not a problem unique to the US. The sad part is that here, they actually had the thing completely beaten. Now they're letting it come back. Hopefully they won't lose control this time. 

What a horrible way to have to live. But we all need to do our best to help everyone around us stay alive, especially ourselves.  

2 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Is there any evidence of mutation to a less deadly form, or of doctors getting a handle on keeping those with serious illness alive?

Returning to health is obviously not going to happen for some victims. This, to me is what is most terrifying.

So I stay here in Croatia where it's relatively easy to avoid direct contact with other humans. Although I don't do it 100%. I do shop at times, or get takeout. Sadly, I am virtually the only person wearing a mask, especially one that is tight fitting, designed to filter out as much as possible. When I do see people wearing masks, they are so loose fitting as to be worthless, given that no one else is wearing them. 

So it's not a problem unique to the US. The sad part is that here, they actually had the thing completely beaten. Now they're letting it come back. Hopefully they won't lose control this time. 

What a horrible way to have to live. But we all need to do our best to help everyone around us stay alive, especially ourselves.  

No evidence of a less deadly form. However, there is growing evidence that the strain in Italy in New York represents a more deadly form. Hopefully they will contain it soon.

Yes, they are making progress but slowly. They recently had very positive results with dexamethasone in clinic trials for severe cases. They have also learned not to put people on ventilators unless every other approach fails. A lot of patients died early on due to premature intubation because they were worried about exposing staff to the virus. Now they use a combination of prone positioning (lying on your stomach) and Low-molecular weight heparin with passive oxygen with good results. We're learning a lot about the immune response that will lead to better treatments but we haven't testing them yet. For example activation of CD8+ T-cells seems critical and deactivation of platelets during the immune response may lead to improved survival. So we may be looking at using CAR-T or other methods to do this in future. 

The Oxford vaccine is now entering a trail phase involving tens of thousands of subjects in the UK, Africa and Brazil. So we'll have results from that soon that will be significant. Many other smaller trials are underway. 

1 hour ago, No Einstein said:

GOOGLE SAYS

Abbas Haider is a Pakistani singer, actor, writer and host. He is known for his appearance as DJ in Dunya News's talkshow

or

Welcome to the Dental Practice of Abbas Haider, DDS proudly serving Decatur and surrounding areas. Creating and Maintaining beautiful and healthy smiles for a lifetime in a comfortable and caring environment without third parties dictating terms of care.

looks legit, even if from pakistan. "Haider Abbas is Senior Member IEEE and a Cyber Security Professional who took professional trainings and certifications from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States"

https://se.linkedin.com/in/haider-abbas-6106143b

Archived