Wall Street Says Yesterday's Drop is Biden's Fault 6/25/20

As COVID runs rampant in much of the US, business will suffer the effects. Because we have not done what's necessary to suppress transmission of the virus, it will take that much longer for recovery to take hold. We can only hope for the best from a vaccine that comes sooner rather than later. And we have to hope that the change in long term behavior patterns will also be for the better.

I'm afraid that it won't be. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, specie said:

all this fear about another wave of COVID is okay with me 

i'm all for tearing the whole thing down and starting over

but..... sometimes you have to stop watching and listening and just think for a bit

this is coronavirus, it causes the "common cold", it spreads easier than anything, so everybody has probably already been exposed.

the number of "cases" is rising, well more people are being tested

the cdc protocol is COVID positive if test shows a antibody

that antibody could be there because of COVID, Coronavirus, Rhinovirus, influenza, bacterial infection almost anything

it's just that they want to scare people

the way i look at it this is the only thing that really matters:

Now can we get back to the markets please....

Daily deaths have been tracking the decline in number of new cases per day averaged over 7 days nearly *exactly* due to the lockdown with the proper lag of about a month. The surge we see now won't appear in deaths for several weeks because it is just starting.

Confirmed cases are confirmed using rtPCR which is a RNA test and the RNA signature is unique to this specific coronavirus and can not be mistaken for any other virus period. There have been a few issues with data collected on a national level from a very few states that added antibody data in error. But that has nothing to do with the accuracy of the number of confirmed cases using rtPCR.

Coronaviruses don't just cause flu - they include SARS1 and MERS. MERS kills 35% of infected people at least at close to 70% of ventilated patients.

Death rates will vary based on the population infected. They will be extremely high in nursing homes and extremely low in Navy ships.

They will probably be lower in the most recent outbreak because 1) The protesters will mostly be younger and hopefully educated enough by now to not infect older people in the family 2) The large percent of confirmed positive cases our West are Mexican and Central American Hispanics who are very young demographically speaking (although Hispanic out East have far more members from Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic who are much older).

The number of cases is going up because of the re-opening and because of the protests and also because migrant Hispanic Labor pools live, eat and work in a fashion that allows rapid infection spread. Houston's ICUs are already at 97% of capacity and cases are just starting to pick up.

We can control for the number of tests easily to determine the actual spread is rapidly increasing.

And the death rate while relatively low at around 1% for the total population and much lower for people below 60 years of age is not the only concern. SARS-CoV-2 can cause permanent kidney failure, heart disease, spleen damage, lung fibrosis, brain damage, strokes and male sterility even in the young and healthy.  

You may recover fine but only have two years on dialysis to live if you can't get a kidney transplant. This is not the god damned common cold. 

You can use the drop down list to examine individual states.

2 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

Sorry! Deleted! 

The governor of Texas just had to suspend surgeries in several Texas counties because the hospitals are already full. 

I restored your post but edited out the initial invective. I thought it stated the facts very nicely.  

My apologies to Specie. I'll go cool off.

There is a lot of bad information out there. Some of it comes from social media i.e. 5G causes the infection or the virus doesn't exist. Some of it unfortunately comes from our government i.e. don't wear a mask earlier this year. So I understand the lack of trust. 

5 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I restored your post but edited out the initial invective. I thought it stated the facts very nicely.  

Thanks for tolerating my lack of self control. I've just been dealing with this since January and having several relatives infected I can say you don't want to get this thing if you are over 50 years of age. Luckily most are slowly recovering. One in her 50's is still having kidney issues. Another who is a musician (guitarist) has lost some motor control of one hand. Hopefully they will recover further but we really don't know for sure. 

40 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

........ Another who is a musician (guitarist) has lost some motor control of one hand. Hopefully they will recover further but we really don't know for sure. 

Sandy, can u elaborate, i have a 70 yr old neighbor who may have had covid19 a few weeks ago, he thinks he had a stroke recently as he has lost motor control in a hand...is that a common result of infection

The virus can both cause stroke directly as well as infect the brain and cause swelling and brain cell death. He should definitely see a doctor ASAP. The virus causes endothelial cell infection in the blood vessels that leads to micro thrombosis all over the body and organ damage from blood clotting including in the brain i.e. strokes. We've seen a lot of this. It also infects platelets in the blood and monocytes like macrophages that can cross the blood brain barrier directly and infect the brain and cause damage directly. This has been confirmed in brain scans and pathology studies. And it has been found that it can infect nerves from the lungs and move up the nerves. Many of these people will lose their sense of smell, lose sensation or motor control and / or become delirious. Some more serious psychological conditions have been observed after infection but we can't say yet if they are just temporary or if some of these patients had these conditions before infection and were not properly diagnosed. So we still have a learning curve about this. He may need to be put on a blood thinner and he should have a neurologist look for signs of stroke. The strokes often occur weeks after the person recovers due to blood clotting. So he really may need to be put on low-molecular-weight heparin or something else. They should do a full blood workup as well. Considering this is occurring weeks later stroke seems likely. 

11 minutes ago, sandy beach said:

The virus can both cause stroke directly as well as infect the brain and cause swelling and brain cell death. He should definitely see a doctor ASAP. The virus causes endothelial cell infection in the blood vessels that leads to micro thrombosis all over the body and organ damage from blood clotting including in the brain i.e. strokes. We've seen a lot of this. It also infects platelets in the blood and monocytes like macrophages that can cross the blood brain barrier directly and infect the brain and cause damage directly. This has been confirmed in brain scans and pathology studies. And it has been found that it can infect nerves from the lungs and move up the nerves. Many of these people will lose their sense of smell, lose sensation or motor control and / or become delirious. Some more serious psychological conditions have been observed after infection but we can't say yet if they are just temporary or if some of these patients had these conditions before infection and were not properly diagnosed. So we still have a learning curve about this. He may need to be put on a blood thinner and he should have a neurologist look for signs of stroke. The strokes often occur weeks after the person recovers due to blood clotting. So he really may need to be put on low-molecular-weight heparin or something else. They should do a full blood workup as well. Considering this is occurring weeks later stroke seems likely. 

Are you composing in Word and copying to the board? We're not getting paragraph breaks. 

Sandy, I've seen one doctor propose that beta blockers should be studied because in theory they should provide some protection. Also statins. 

Have you seen anything along those lines? 

Because I have heart disease and already cheated death once, I want to give this virus as much distance as possible. I've gerry rigged a rubber band brace based on the model created by that former Apple engineer,  to hold my double mask tight against my face. The underlayer is a 3 ply surgical mask. The outer layer is a polyester fiber, which theoretically should create an electrostatic filter.  

So in theory, I've created a mask that's close to N95 in its filtration properties. Either that, or I'm really just jerkin off. 

IMG_20200623_192907_2.jpg

Archived