Wall Street Says Yesterday's Drop is Biden's Fault 6/25/20

Dicsucs.

Meanwhile, we have an apparently bullish setup in the 5 day cycle oscillators after a powerful NY 4 AM rally. Why then? Europe?

But if it doesn't clear 3050, it don't mean a thang. 

tvc_45ac0fd31a56ebb876a9d35650a2d8f5.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea that Wall Street is worried about Biden winning is laughable. Not that the Presidency has a rat's ass to do with the market but Democratic Presidencies have correlated with bullish markets for the past 87 years. 

Roosevelt: Bullish.

Truman: Bullish

Kennedy: meh

Johnson: Bullish

Carter: Bullish

Clinton: Bullish

Obama: Bullish

An outbreak in Victoria just as we're getting complacent ...

Thursday was the ninth consecutive day Victoria has recorded a double-digit increase in the number of coronavirus cases, while some other states have gone weeks without a new infection.

About 1,000 Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel have been called in to help with the response, with a focus on the state's hotel quarantine program.

The Premier said ADF personnel would also help with transporting people from the airport to hotel quarantine and transporting tests to other capital cities for processing.

The contact and tracing team will also be boosted to about 1,350 people.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-25/victoria-records-33-new-coronavirus-infections-testing-hotspots/12390870

Jesus -  They let the fucking cat out of the bag. This country had the virus beat. Then they opened the borders at the end of May and ended other restrictions. Now the fucker's going exponential again. This chart does not show what happened today. 95 cases.

95!

That's more than triple Tuesday's peak of 30.  

all this fear about another wave of COVID is okay with me 

i'm all for tearing the whole thing down and starting over

but..... sometimes you have to stop watching and listening and just think for a bit

this is coronavirus, it causes the "common cold", it spreads easier than anything, so everybody has probably already been exposed.

the number of "cases" is rising, well more people are being tested

the cdc protocol is COVID positive if test shows a antibody

that antibody could be there because of COVID, Coronavirus, Rhinovirus, influenza, bacterial infection almost anything

it's just that they want to scare people

the way i look at it this is the only thing that really matters:

Now can we get back to the markets please....

30 minutes ago, specie said:

all this fear about another wave of COVID is okay with me 

i'm all for tearing the whole thing down and starting over

but..... sometimes you have to stop watching and listening and just think for a bit

this is coronavirus, it causes the "common cold", it spreads easier than anything, so everybody has probably already been exposed.

the cdc protocol is COVID positive if test shows a antibody

that antibody could be there because of COVID, Coronavirus, Rhinovirus, influenza, bacterial infection almost anything

it's just that they want to scare people

the way i look at it this is the only thing that really matters:

Now can we get back to the markets please....

Market was ready to go down before the Coronavirus. Its a way for Fed to pump Trillions in Financial system and bail out Rich.

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Jesus -  They let the fucking cat out of the bag. This country had the virus beat. Then they opened the borders at the end of May and ended other restrictions. Now the fucker's going exponential again. This chart does not show what happened today. 95 cases.

95!

That's more than triple Tuesday's peak of 30.  

https://time.com/5857058/coronavirus-croatia-tennis-tournament/

Specie- You've made some unsupported statements, so I'll take it upon myself to set the record straight.

I've been studying this data pretty closely as you know. My self training and inclination is in recognizing facts and using logic to analyze those facts and reach the most likely conclusion. 

I've come to the conclusion through my review of worldwide data, that this pandemic is all too real. It is wreaking havoc internationally, and particularly so in the US, where the political and social will to fight it is lacking in large swaths of the country.

It's very clear that the pandemic can be brought under control, although not completely defeated. Many countries have done it. Many US states have done it, after a ferocious first wave that killed thousands of people.

Fighting against the spread of the disease is a social choice. Not doing so is also a choice. The governors of Florida, Georgia, Texas, and Arizona, among other Red states, chose to surrender without a fight. They now are beginning to reap the whirlwind.

Unfortunately, those who made that choice also impose the outcome of death on the most defenseless among us. From my perspective as a humamist, that's a monstrous moral failure.

The simple act of making mask wearing mandatory works. Societies that have done that have come out on top of the situation. The story of the infected hairstylist in Missouri is apocryphal. Nobody got sick from the sick people working in that salon because everybody wore masks. It works on a societal level as well. Hong Kong is an example of that.

FALSE- Coronavirus is a type. For many people, this variant is no worse than the common cold. This is a deadly variant for some of us. 

FALSE- The increase in positive % shows that this is not simply a matter of more testing. And ask yourself why there might be more testing. Because more testing is available? But perhaps also because more people are getting sick?   Yes, in many places there has been more testing. And in virtually all cases, the percent positive is rising. And indeed so are hospitalizations. 

The deaths come last. Hopefully doctors have learned enough to keep more people alive even without new medicines to cure or fight the disease. I hate for any kid to lose any grandparents. 

the cdc protocol is COVID positive if test shows a antibody -

- FALSE Antibody tests are seperate. 

it's just that they want to scare people -

Who is "they?" and why would "they" want to do that?  In Red states, they are doing everything in their power to suppress the facts. "They" denied there was a problem at all until a few days ago when the facts became incontrovertible.

Furthermore, the numbers of excess deaths from all causes shows that the numbers of deaths from COVID 19 are being understated.  

The death rate lags by 3-4 weeks and Red state governors have had an incentive to suppress the data. Excess deaths are the best measure. Now their desire to ignore the facts is catching up with them.  

Arizona reported a big increase in deaths yesterday. I suspect this is the tipping point, but it's hard to know because this is the one datapoint where the incentive to suppress the truth is greatest.  Red states will do their utmost to suppress the reporting of deaths, just as they have done and will continue to do their utmost to suppress voting by Democrats.  

But in a few more weeks hospitals will be overwhelmed and makeshift morgues will become widespread.  It will be hard to suppress those facts. The trends are already clear, and the reporting in Texas is already beginning to reveal just how bad the situation is. 

I sincerely hope that no one here loses a parent, grandparent, or any loved one.  And I urge you that if you are over 60 and have one of the risk factors, do whatever you can to preserve your life.  

Don't let what happened in New York happen to your home town and your state. Don't endanger yourself and your family. Wear a mask. Maintain awareness of personal seperation. Don't congregate in groups, especially indoors.  Do your part to keep yourself, your loved ones, and your community alive and healthy, so that we can all go back to a semblance of normality as soon as possible.  

Archived