Plop 6/24/20

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I woke up in the middle of the night with the realization that they plan to spend the $1.6 trillion election war chest on paying down debt. They know it will lift stock prices and Trump wants to run on that. It won't work so well on families where grandma and grandpa just died of the COVID.  

That's what I said last week. Instead of spending on new stimulus or infrastructure they could mostly just suspend issuance. Well that is one possible outcome.  And remember they don't have a plan. They just have bluff and bluster and of course, money.

NY CT and NJ order 14 day quarantine for visitors from TX, AZ, and FL. 

They will be monitored by ankle bracelet.  

JK. LOL. 

Not. 

Meanwhile, Trump embraces the culture of the Confederacy and orders an end to Federal support for state COVID testing. Tens of thousands of elderly Southerners prepare to mee their maker a little before their time.  

Shitstorm. Putin has what he wants. The US is fracturing. Trump, McConnell, and all the other Republican Senators who took Russian money,  were worth his investment. 

28 minutes ago, Jorma said:

That's what I said last week. Instead of spending on new stimulus or infrastructure they could mostly just suspend issuance. Well that is one possible outcome.  And remember they don't have a plan. They just have bluff and bluster and of course, money.

I think they have a plan. They plan to suppress the vote, claim fraud, and nullify the election, while trying to rig the stock market higher. 

The part about killing people with COVID, is because they think that mostly black and brown people will die, and their voters won't. That will be proven wrong of course.  

18 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I think they have a plan. They plan to suppress the vote, claim fraud, and nullify the election, while trying to rig the stock market higher. 

The part about killing people with COVID, is because they think that mostly black and brown people will die, and their voters won't. That will be proven wrong of course.  

Southern churches seem likely to be super-spreader facilities.

With the virus seemingly running unabated & amok throughout US, I am back to worrying about supply chains. I don't even know what a molex is, but a deep freeze filled with protein for a long winter by September 1st seems cheap insurance against whatever comes next.

I'm so angry. I need to walk away for awhile. 

I don't know if America can recover from Trump. With the way the virus is going, and the wave of death about to sweep across the Red states, I believe that he'll lose the vote in a landslide. What I doubt is that everyone who wants to vote will be able to. I doubt that all the votes will be counted. I doubt that those that are counted, will be recorded correctly. And I doubt that he will leave.  

6 minutes ago, specie said:

kinda crazy that i own over 400 puts on different stocks and i'm not even smilin' - too much goin on

25 on MA yesterday - triple/quadruple in a day

That's awesome! 

thanks doc

it's very difficult

i was in a similar situation in feb/mar and sold 'em for a 50k profit and never looked back.

my son works with me now and always looks back.  i try to tell him looking back never helps.

.... he says i would have had a 1.15mm dollar profit if i had held them all.

see, looking back never helps

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

NY CT and NJ order 14 day quarantine for visitors from TX, AZ, and FL. 

They will be monitored by ankle bracelet.  

JK. LOL. 

Not. 

Meanwhile, Trump embraces the culture of the Confederacy and orders an end to Federal support for state COVID testing. Tens of thousands of elderly Southerners prepare to mee their maker a little before their time.  

Shitstorm. Putin has what he wants. The US is fracturing. Trump, McConnell, and all the other Republican Senators who took Russian money,  were worth his investment. 

This all screams for a coup by the military. But somehow it is not imaginable. If there would be a military coup in the US the western world as we know it would end to exist. And then? What to do with Trump? Send hin to the Caymans forever? And what to do with his entourage? Mnuchin? The other giuys and whatnot. And: WHO is his entourage? Is Goldman a part of it or not? Then what? Imprison rhem? And then there would comes this „oh look, now they go after those jewish bankers! That‘s a facist coup!“

in my view Goldman is the key. THEY are Wall Street. All of it. All those others Morgan Stanley et al are just a sideshow, maybe JPM a bit, but the rest you can ignore. Goldman rules. They can Trump let die. If they want.

44 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Southern churches seem likely to be super-spreader facilities.

With the virus seemingly running unabated & amok throughout US, I am back to worrying about supply chains. I don't even know what a molex is, but a deep freeze filled with protein for a long winter by September 1st seems cheap insurance against whatever comes next.

Just picked up two Honda EU2200i (one of them companion) so I can keep the freezer stocked even during a power outage and run my extra gear. They have $100 off right now at Home Depot.  

37 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I'm so angry. I need to walk away for awhile. 

I don't know if America can recover from Trump. With the way the virus is going, and the wave of death about to sweep across the Red states, I believe that he'll lose the vote in a landslide. What I doubt is that everyone who wants to vote will be able to. I doubt that all the votes will be counted. I doubt that those that are counted, will be recorded correctly. And I doubt that he will leave.  

Civil War era & 1940 after the Fall of France were darker periods than this for the U.S.

Things will work out.  

Archived