Plop 6/24/20

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's kinda funny

i've been here since '09

and '03 before that i think

i really don't agree with a lot of things posted here but i try to keep my posts to just market related stuff

i really wonder why i stay

i'd be willing to leave if you all thought that was a good idea

Just a reminder that June 22 was the last day of Fed June MBS purchase settlement payments to Primary Dealers. Now it's wait till next month! Much smaller wad, too. 

If the dollar is going to lose value against toilet paper, I better buy a shitload of euros now, because it looks like I'm going to be here for a lot longer. Given my age and the fact that I have cardiovascular disease, I simply do not want to risk returning to Florida at the moment. 4 airports. 3 flights, including one Transatlantic. No thanks.  I'll stay put. 

What a mess. With case numbers skyrocketing, old people will soon be dropping like flies in California, Florida, Texas, Arizona, and in fact throughout the West and Southeast. The sad part is that given the inability of some people to accept reality, the virus will return to those places that have successfully driven the numbers down. A second wave will hit the Northeast. It may already be starting.  

This time there will be no lockdowns, and success at suppressing the virus will depend on public willingness to wear masks and maintain appropriate distance from other people.  That's hardly a given, until a lot more people start seeing their parents and grandparents dropping dead.  

The lack of any national strategy to confront the virus, other than "Let them die and we'll help kill them," is an unmitigated catastrophe. Just another stain on the history of Regime's wanton disregard for human life.  

This is an unholy shitstorm. It will get a lot worse before it gets better.  

The Libertarian ideal of every man for himself simply can't work, because, you know, human nature. A pandemic lays bare that fact. It's the great leveler. It exposes the Big Lie for all to see.

It's obvious. "Individual responsibility" and the freedom to carry an AK47 will not help you in a pandemic. Only group action can work to defeat a common enemy like this one. That requires the government to make rules that will help everyone to stay alive. When the government abrogates that responsibility, more people die.    

Archived