Onward Trumpian Bullish Soldiers! 6/23/20

There is only around 75 points to go, I suppose that Crooks will take it there before Months end.

https://themarketear.com/posts/c26lA1Ev5Z

Gentle reminder of the possible month end sell flow

Key points via JPM, according to us, the best on the street when it comes to estimating these flows.

"we estimate around -$70bn of negative

equity rebalancing flow by balanced mutual funds globally into the current month end....

we estimate that the pending equity rebalancing flow by US defined benefit pension funds into the current quarter end is likely modestly negative at around -$65bn....

Norges Bank into the current quarter end is likely modestly negative at around -$10bn....

SNB to sell around $15bn of equities given the recovery from March lows...

GPIF into the current quarter end is likely negative at around $25bn...

....created a need for negative

rebalancing flow, i.e. equity selling, of around

$170bn into the current month/quarter end. This $170bn should be thought of as an upper estimate as it is possible that same of this equity selling was done before

June.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EU May Ban Travel from US as it Reopens Borders, Citing Coronavirus Failures https://nyti.ms/2Z5Ihfj

I have spoken to the Polish embassy here in Croatia and I was told no in certain terms that even though I have been here in Europe for 7 months I would not be able to enter Poland.  

I had planned at some point to continue my travels and go up through Eastern and Central Europe and then back to France and finish up there in September October. But that is off the table for now. Scuttlebutt is that you were will remain closed to Americans perhaps until the end of the year. 

I can't think of a good reason to return to Florida. Can you? 😄

Trying to figure out how to balance social normality for 10 & 13 year old sons who are otherwise social/active in a pandemic is... challenging.

We are getting lots of inquiries about "playdates"; meanwhile, cases in our local counties are spiking again.

The parents trying to organize social worlds for their kids - and understandable respite from them - probably are blind to the relationship between their efforts and spiking COVID.

8 minutes ago, DrStool said:

EU May Ban Travel from US as it Reopens Borders, Citing Coronavirus Failures https://nyti.ms/2Z5Ihfj

I have spoken to the Polish embassy here in Croatia and I was told no in certain terms that even though I have been here in Europe for 7 months I would not be able to enter Poland.  

I had planned at some point to continue my travels and go up through Eastern and Central Europe and then back to France and finish up there in September October. But that is off the table for now. Scuttlebutt is that you were will remain closed to Americans perhaps until the end of the year. 

How about Contacting Your All Mighty American embassy.

It works for the British subjects who wants to return home due to flight restrictions.

39 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Don't ask me. In my 69 years I have never gone to Florida. Actively never wanted to go.  Why?  I can't say exactly. 

1 hour ago, jp6 said:

How about Contacting Your All Mighty American embassy.

It works for the British subjects who wants to return home due to flight restrictions.

For what purpose? I did once, and they told me to see the daily bulletin. Which says exactly what it says. Americans are not welcome in Poland. And the EU makes clear that they're not welcome anywhere in the Schengen. 

I'm perfectly content to stay right here in beautiful Croatia. 

Archived