The handle lengthens 6/19/20

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jp6 said:

It's plan from the top

It will help with Pension entitlement and other servicing cost. 

That‘s exactly how the Goldman trading desk plays it:

- Who dies? Mostly (by far) elderly. No problem.

- Which social class dies? Poor people. No problem. We will never run out of cheap labor, whole central anerica would come tbe next day if we need them.

I am 100% sure that‘s exactly how they think.

IF from the beginning of Corona it would have been the case that mostly 25 to 45 year olds die, the FED could have thrown 10 trillion in an instant at the market, it would have never gone up.

11 minutes ago, fxfox said:

That‘s exactly how the Goldman trading desk plays it:

- Who dies? Mostly (by far) elderly. No problem.

- Which social class dies? Poor people. No problem. We will never run out of cheap labor, whole central anerica would come tbe next day if we need them.

I am 100% sure that‘s exactly how they think.

IF from the beginning of Corona it would have been the case that mostly 25 to 45 year olds die, the FED could have thrown 10 trillion in an instant at the market, it would have never gone up.

Yup

Wouldn't it be great if Trump caught the COVID at his rally.  

And got really sick. Hospitalized. Ventilator. Lungs fill with fluid and glass fragments. Veins explode. Clots clog and stop his heart.  The whole schmear.  

Family at the bedside. 

Oh wait. 

26 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Wouldn't it be great if Trump caught the COVID at his rally.  

And got really sick. Hospitalized. Ventilator. Lungs fill with fluid and glass fragments. Veins explode. Clots clog and stop his heart.  The whole schmear.  

Family at the bedside. 

Oh wait. 

He will be gone soon. Hope fully we won't get another Nut.

10 hours ago, DrStool said:

He may be gone soon, but it's doubtful that I'll see America heal in my lifetime. 

Sad. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=forth+turning&oq=forth+turning&aqs=chrome..69i57.6831j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The Strauss–Howe generational theory, also known as the Fourth Turning theory or simply the Fourth Turning, describes a theorized recurring generation cycle in American history and global history. It was devised by William Strauss and Neil Howe. According to the theory, historical events are associated with recurring generational personas (archetypes). Each generational persona unleashes a new era (called a turning) lasting around 20–22 years, in which a new social, political, and economic climate exists. They are part of a larger cyclical "saeculum" (a long human life, which usually spans between 80 and 90 years, although some saecula have lasted longer). The theory states that after every saeculum, a crisis recurs in American history, which is followed by a recovery (high). During this recovery, institutions and communitarian values are strong. Ultimately, succeeding generational archetypes attack and weaken institutions in the name of autonomy and individualism, which ultimately creates a tumultuous political environment that ripens conditions for another crisis.

Strauss and Howe laid the groundwork for their theory in their 1991 book Generations, which discusses the history of the United States as a series of generational biographies going back to 1584.[1] In their 1997 book The Fourth Turning, the authors expanded the theory to focus on a fourfold cycle of generational types and recurring mood eras[2] to describe the history of the United States, including the Thirteen Colonies and their British antecedents. However, the authors have also examined generational trends elsewhere in the world and described similar cycles in several developed countries.[3]

Academic response to the theory has been mixed—some applauding Strauss and Howe for their "bold and imaginative thesis" and others criticizing the theory as being overly-deterministic, unfalsifiable, and unsupported by rigorous evidence,[4][5][6][7][8] "about as scientific as astrology or a Nostradamus text."[9] Strauss–Howe generational theory has also been described by some historians and journalists as a "pseudoscience"[6][10][11] "kooky",[12] and "an elaborate historical horoscope that will never withstand scholarly scrutiny."[13][14][15]

Academic criticism has focused on the lack of rigorous empirical evidence for their claims,[16] and the authors' view that generational groupings are far more powerful than other social groupings such as economic class, race, sex, religion and political parties.[17]

Crisis[edit]

According to the authors, the Fourth Turning is a Crisis. This is an era of destruction, often involving war or revolution, in which institutional life is destroyed and rebuilt in response to a perceived threat to the nation's survival. After the crisis, civic authority revives, cultural expression redirects towards community purpose, and people begin to locate themselves as members of a larger group.[43]

The authors say the previous Fourth Turning in the US began with the Wall Street Crash of 1929 and climaxed with the end of World War II. The G.I. Generation (which they call a Hero archetype, born 1901 to 1924) came of age during this era. They say their confidence, optimism, and collective outlook epitomized the mood of that era.[44] The authors assert the Millennial Generation (which they also describe as a Hero archetype, born 1982 to 2004) show many similar traits to those of the G.I. youth, which they describe as including: rising civic engagement, improving behavior, and collective confidence.[45]

I told Greg Fokker last nigh that I believed that 1/3 of the American people were both competent, many even super competent, and altruistic. Ultimately I believe that this cohort will save us from the 1/3 of the public who are ignorant motherfucker, Trump supporters. I

Lately we've seen a hopeful trend of those in the middle shifting more and more to support those competent altruists in rebuilding a society that does in fact bend toward justice, and importantly, good health practices. 

We'll still have to get through a ration of shit to get to the other side. I'm more hopeful now than I was even a few months ago that I'll live to see it. I had been deeply pessimistic, but good things have been happening, and the public seems to be moving in the right direction.  The process is fragile and tentative. It needs to continue and grow stronger to be successful. 

So we'll see.  It's a tossup whether we'll  be living in a semblance of democracy that values freedom of speech, freedom of the press,  reasonable government regulation to protect the public from the excesses of the greedy powerful. The  first goal is really simple-- a society where nearly everyone is perfectly willing and understanding that we merely need to do a few simple things to insure that everyone stays healthy through this pandemic.  

How hard is that? With Trump and his vicious right wing rabble, it's hard. Because they really don't care how many people die, whether at the hand of cops, or in a pandemic,  even their own parents and grandparents.

The idea that they care about life is the Big Lie. People who believe that everyone should be able to own an AK47 don't really care about unborn babies. 

So the Good Third is up against a crew of sociopaths and would be killers who don't care about life. That makes the battle hard, but obviously worth fighting.   

Before, I had felt that the Trump Regime would be able to entrench itself. Now I think that with the Good Third fully engaged, and the middle third seeing more and more the truth of the Evil that has held sway over the past 3 1/2 years, that maybe the Constitution will survive. I have increasing faith in the power of the Good Third, to preserve a decent, caring society.  They will inspire the rest of those who can be converted to join the fight.  

That's my hope. 

LIQUIDITY TRADER - US GOVERNMENT REVENUES

These Real Time Charts Show US Economy Contracting Again in June

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

This data tells us exactly what the big picture is right now, while Wall Street economists are still scratching their asses and trying to figure out what the government statistician manipulated data will be and will mean. And the first report from that government data is still 13 days away.

Governors are followers. It's Americans themselves who are to blame. Most Americans think freedom amounts to giving everyone the finger. 'Im going to do this stupid probably destructive thing, just because'. And because they can they say they are free.  Americans are pretty dumb too and damn proud of it. None if which is going to change. 

Watching the Trump rally in Tulsa live on C-Span right now. Sorry to say, but that is basically Nuremberg in the 1930s, just a bit different and shaped for the 2020s.

How could it only become that far? It all began with Reagan. Trump is the breed of that goddam b-movie actor.

This is absolutely hilarious! 😂😂😂

... and that comment too:

“And of course, the car has the devil pitchfork to cheer Satan's bookkeepers distorting our financial system for the benefit of the 1%.“

Awesome! 😂😂😂

Archived