Come On, Who Really Thinks This is Sustainable? 6/16/20

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jp6 said:

Well, that pretty much sums up the role of the USD as the reserve currency shich it is since 50 or more years. For example only if there is booming „risk appetite“ investors would accept an Argentine bond to be issued in Pesos, otherwise they would demand the bond to be issued in USD. Even if the bond is issued in Pesos every major bank or other investor will hedge the Peso position, due to regulatory reasons, so there is USD demand comming from the hedge too. I know no bank which actually has an open position in Libanese Dinar or crap like that. Those exotics are almost always hedged away against the USD. 

so I ask myself: What is new compared too let‘s say the 80s or 90s? I mean there is always lots of demand for the USD, always was. That‘s how all major banks work. It is always about the USD, some EUR too, to a lot lesser part GBP, then follow JPY and CHF. The rest you can throw in tbe garbage can. Is there a shortage of USD? I would rather say there is always demand for the USD. 

LEE'S FREE THINKING

Retail Sales Chart Reality and Rah Rah COVID 19 Superspreader Rallies

by Lee Adler • 

Retail Sales Not Seasonally Adjusted

The big news this morning was a 17.7% jump in the headline number for retail sales. LOL Enjoy the rally, everyone. The stock market rally that is. 

BANKRUPTCY PUMP AND DUMP

Thats all Hertz stock is

Bankruptcy pump and dump

And even the company wanted to get in on the action too......

By issuing stock.

The beneficiaries of course being the bond holders. 

But they were too late to the party

As the stock is now in the DUMP phase.

What they needed to do is get approval for the stock issue BEFORE the company went into chapter 11.

Then they could have used a smart algorithm to dump (oops I mean issue/sell ) the stock to all the robinhooders

To maximise their take while in chapter 11.

Look at the comments: It is prevailing opinion that the FED will bail everyone out, also commercial real estate. 
I think that at one point the FED will stop bailing everyone and everything out. Like they did with Lehman. They could have saved them, but they didn‘t. Till today one can ask why, till today there is no satisfying answer to that. So it will be with the one industry they won‘t bail out. Maybe it will be CRE, maybe not, who knows. The „bail everything out“ process will end some day and it will end before every imaginable industry got bailed out.

43 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Look at the comments: It is prevailing opinion that the FED will bail everyone out, also commercial real estate. 
I think that at one point the FED will stop bailing everyone and everything out. Like they did with Lehman. They could have saved them, but they didn‘t. Till today one can ask why, till today there is no satisfying answer to that. So it will be with the one industry they won‘t bail out. Maybe it will be CRE, maybe not, who knows. The „bail everything out“ process will end some day and it will end before every imaginable industry got bailed out.

I was looking for 3500 on SPX. Now looking for trading range and distribute junk to Bagholders. 

Time frame still September then down hill.

Here is one Possibility

SPX Possible.png

Archived