Honey, There's A Dead Cat on the Porch - June 12, 2020

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This won't be useful to anyone for any purpose whatsoever but:  not only do I not know where the market will go nor what to do about my various positions, commitments, bets and wagers, but I also have no clue about the likely or unlikely outcomes of the pandemic, the protests, the police, the social compact, international relations, my future as either a salaried employee, a consultant or a punter, the future of my neighbourhood, or whether things are about to get cataclysmically worse or exponentially better. 

In fact, I don't know whether to shit or steal third. 

All I know is that I'm in a state of great angst about things large and small. Real angst. Can no longer bring myself to take a toke or a drink, because I feel like constancy of focus might be all I have left. That and my health, my marriage, and at least my absence of debt. A few friends, and still a job and some paying gigs, at least for right now.

Thank goodness for my blessings, because beyond those, shit is off the hook fucked to me. 

44 minutes ago, GregFokker said:

This won't be useful to anyone for any purpose whatsoever but:  not only do I not know where the market will go nor what to do about my various positions, commitments, bets and wagers, but I also have no clue about the likely or unlikely outcomes of the pandemic, the protests, the police, the social compact, international relations, my future as either a salaried employee, a consultant or a punter, the future of my neighbourhood, or whether things are about to get cataclysmically worse or exponentially better. 

All I know is that I'm in a state of great angst about things large and small. Real angst. Can no longer bring myself to take a toke or a drink, because I feel like constancy of focus might be all I have left. That and my health, my marriage, and at least my absence of debt. A few friends, and still a job and some paying gigs, at least for right now.

Thank goodness for my blessings, because beyond those, shit is off the hook fucked to me. 

Word.

3 hours ago, GregFokker said:

Winner of the best musing of the weekend. Stay safe! 

Archived