May 42, 2020 Survey- How Many Days in May?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would have thought that they gonna ramp it up during Asia...

Look what the Nikkei does overnight, that‘s what the SPX will do in its session just 12 hours or so later. Often enough even the intraday swings are the same, so if the Nikkei was down but then ramps into the close, the SPX will do the same in its session. That‘s just freaky, as if „they“ would show traders of the US session what they have to do by simply looking at the Nikkei intraday chart from 12 hours ago. 

Not just Nikkei but Hong Kong and China.  Asia has been leading the markets for a long time now.  I can remember back in the Nasdaq bubble days it was all about what the US did but of course China has become a major player since then and markets have adjusted accordingly.

1 hour ago, aussiebear said:

Not just Nikkei but Hong Kong and China.  Asia has been leading the markets for a long time now.  I can remember back in the Nasdaq bubble days it was all about what the US did but of course China has become a major player since then and markets have adjusted accordingly.

That's not what I meant exactly. The correlation in statistical terms of the Hang Seng and that Shanghai index with the S&P is not that significant, especially not the ShankHigh one, maybe something like 0.4 or 0.6 or so. The correlation of the Nikkei with he S&P must be something like 0.95. I didn't meant to say that "Asia leads" or so, but that you see in Nikkei that it is obviously part of a global concerted action of the FED, ECB and BoJ. That goes so far that it seems that they really fine tune that on a daily basis: Nikkei goes up in the morning, S&P will go up in the morning too. I do not mean the ES, that is clear that they go in lockstep, no, I mean that the S&P replicates in its cash trading session the intraday development of the Nikkei from that ones cash trading session 12 hours earlier.

In my view the PBoC is NOT part of that fine tuning game, that is only by the FED, ECB, BoJ and BoE. When you think about who is part of the Primary Dealers it makes sense: Mizuho is part of that and that is the arm who reaches into Nikkei. HSBC is a PD too and that one makes the Footsie, Deutsche Bank too, that one makes the DAX and so on.

It is a perfect rigged game among the western CB's and major western banks. It is the biggest Ponzi of all time. 

Archived