Trendlines, For Want of a Better Word, are Good - May 39, 2020

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Everyone could have known how Trump would behave as Pres. Just remember how  he treated New York and Ed Koch, together with his asshole attorney Kohn.

They did know. I have accurately forecast everything for the past 3 1/2 years based on what everybody knew. Down to the fact that he would put troops in the streets, and that what happened next would depend on military officers upholding their oath to the Constitution. So far they have passed the test. 

The final crisis will be the election itself. The vote counts in wwing states and other vulnerable states will be rigged and hacked.  The vote counts will diverge widely from the exit polls, with the counts showing Trump winning states that exit polls show he lost by wide margins. 

At that point, the crisis of government will explode. The outcome won't be good in the short run. In the long run, a military coup will be required to restore any semblance of a Constitutional Republic, but it will need to be a different Constitution. We need a Parliamentary system.  They're not perfect, but the curruption of the current system makes it unworkable under any regime or Regime. The US experiment in Constitutional checks and balances has failed.  

There's still a chance that we end up with a dictatorship, but I have confidence that Trump would be deposed. Maybe Mattis will be called on to form a transitional government under a new Constitutional convention. 

6 minutes ago, DrStool said:
7 minutes ago, DrStool said:

--------------------

There's still a chance that we end up with a dictatorship, but I have confidence that Trump would be deposed. Maybe Mattis will be called on to form a transitional government under a new Constitutional convention. 

Colin Powell will be called upon too... need racial balance at this time in History...lots of non white troops in the military

6 minutes ago, DrStool said:

They did know. I have accurately forecast everything for the past 3 1/2 years based on what everybody knew. Down to the fact that he would put troops in the streets, and that what happened next would depend on military officers upholding their oath to the Constitution. So far they have passed the test. 

The final crisis will be the election itself. The vote counts in wwing states and other vulnerable states will be rigged and hacked.  The vote counts will diverge widely from the exit polls, with the counts showing Trump winning states that exit polls show he lost by wide margins. 

At that point, the crisis of government will explode. The outcome won't be good in the short run. In the long run, a military coup will be required to restore any semblance of a Constitutional Republic, but it will need to be a different Constitution. We need a Parliamentary system.  They're not perfect, but the curruption of the current system makes it unworkable under any regime or Regime. The US experiment in Constitutional checks and balances has failed.  

I share your view regarding the election. It will be rigged, 100% sure. This time people will not accept it. There will be social unrest like never before in the US. Since we know that his psychology does not allow him to lose and step back the only solution will be a military coup cause he will not resign.

Regarding checks and balances I‘m not so sure. It is a amazingly good working system since the beginning. It has a crisis, but not sure if European style parliamentarism would be better. Depends pretty much on how the system would look like.

it is really a shame with Trump. It was not necessary. The system could have worked for decades and decades. Until that asshole came...

The problem has been the Republican gerrymandering of Congressional districts giving them lopsided Congressional majorities in states were the electorate was evenly split. This has allowed them disproportianate representation. They have also packed the courts, which should have declared the gerrymandering unconstitutional. The demographic tide has been running against them for decades. They saw it coming and rigged it. Now they're trying to reverse that tide by putting immigrants in concentration camps and finding ways to reduce black voting, even if it means using the police to kill people, or allowing pandemics to rage in communities of color. 

These are despicable totalitarians who will stop at nothing to keep control. They have waged slow motion war against the Constitution since Nixon. One way or another, the end is coming.  At my core, I don't believe that the bulk of the American people will tolerate authoritarianism for long. 35% of any society prefers a strongman leader. In some places historically that's been enough. But I don't think it will be in the US. 

That's not to say that everything will turn out ok, or even that we'll muddle through. I think we face major upheaval. What's going to happen when cities and states can't pay government workers, let alone pensions? 

Looks like I should be able to go to Poland next month. Maybe I can drop by Germany in August if the epidemiological situation is safe. Then I'll hop that Singapore Airlines flight from Frankfurt to NY go home in September if the virus has calmed down.  

39 minutes ago, DrStool said:

The problem has been the Republican gerrymandering of Congressional districts giving them lopsided Congressional majorities in states were the electorate was evenly split. This has allowed them disproportianate representation. They have also packed the courts, which should have declared the gerrymandering unconstitutional. The demographic tide has been running against them for decades. They saw it coming and rigged it. Now they're trying to reverse that tide by putting immigrants in concentration camps and finding ways to reduce black voting, even if it means using the police to kill people, or allowing pandemics to rage in communities of color. 

These are despicable totalitarians who will stop at nothing to keep control. They have waged slow motion war against the Constitution since Nixon. One way or another, the end is coming.  At my core, I don't believe that the bulk of the American people will tolerate authoritarianism for long. 35% of any society prefers a strongman leader. In some places historically that's been enough. But I don't think it will be in the US. 

That's not to say that everything will turn out ok, or even that we'll muddle through. I think we face major upheaval. What's going to happen when cities and states can't pay government workers, let alone pensions? 

Gerrymandering is everywhere where you have majority rule. Introducing proportional representation would abandon Gerrymandering.

I also think people in the US will not accept political Totalitarianism. They have to deal with hard core Manchester capitalism since 200 years, so there is already market Totalitarianism in place,  no space for another one.

Archived