Social Unrest, Pandemic, Depression, Threat of Martial Law - Bullish! May 36, 2020

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DrStool said:

In fact, I can't think of anything more bullish, can you? 

The long awaited California super earthquake plus meteor from space destroying the whole East Coast except Wall Street. That would be ULTRA bullish.

16 minutes ago, fxfox said:

The long awaited California super earthquake plus meteor from space destroying the whole East Coast except Wall Street. That would be ULTRA bullish.

WW1 ,WW2  and 9/11 was Very bullish, why wouldn't war within be anything else.

If memory serves the 1929-30 rally was just a 50% retrace. 

The rally off the December 1974 low was the first leg of a bull market. 

As was 1938, I believe. 

In fact, the 1933 low was the final low of the bear market. 

So that chart is highly misleading, if not outright bogus. Must have come from zerohedge. 

I had just assumed yesterdays big announcement about European 'stimulus' was from the ECB.  No, it was the EU  commission borrowing 1.5bn Euros total.  As in sell bonds in the market. WTF.  Where is the ECB saying they will buy it all?  Perhaps they have but it isn't mentioned here.

The European Union is working to borrow 750 billion euros ($853 billion) from public markets from January — a step that has never been taken before on such a large scale.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/27/eu-unveils-plan-to-borrow-750-billion-euros-to-aid-coronavirus-recovery.html

This is bullish? It's a disaster, until the ECB steps in.

Archived