Cops Beating Journalists, US Troops in the Streets- Bullish! May 33, 2020

4 minutes ago, potatohead said:

Yes,

Crash was after the election, I think it will happen before the election. Fed is so powerful that it can decide who can win and will crash the market. Another 2-3 months of slow grinding up should give right shoulder then Fed will do a drain, Crash is on the card. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DrStool said:

What's equally disheartening is that professional investors are willing to buy and hold stocks under extant conditions. 

Corporations and their equity and debt holders will always support fascism.  The accommodation of modern business corporations to fascism  in fact defines the mechanisms by which fascism works.  Fascism is a process more than any coherent belief system and it does not really have a system of belief or ideology, except the pursuit of power. That is advanced in Democratic countries by manipulating public sentiment with the modern methods of Public Relations.  Foundational to fascism is the business corporation.  Fascism was a 20th century phenomena that rose in Democratic, Capitalist, Christian countries. 

The 'business' parties in Germany voted for the Enabling Act and thus insured it's passing. They always will.  Disheartening it may be but it has always been inevitable.

Saw it? I was there. I was trading. I was sitting in the customers' gallery at Walston and Co. every afternoon that summer after I graduated from high school. I started college in the fall and sold hot dogs on the street right outside the broker's office, both through the summer and fall.  I was not a radical back then, like I am now. I was pro government. I watched the ticker tape. I charted stocks on paper charts.  

I bought EMI stock. Later I bought Pall Corp. and Teleflex. I loved picking stocks. I never dreamed of shorting stocks until the late 70s. Terrible timing. But I made a lot of money shorting energy stocks in 1979. 

Today is very, very different than then. We weren't in the early days of a fascist dictatorship. Johnson was President, and Nixon, as bad as he was, was not Trump.

I hated Nixon. But Trump is infinitely, infinitely worse. Trump is a true fascist. He has no compunctions whatsoever. He's bloodthirsty. He's itching to spill American blood. He has turned his gestapo loose on news reporters. He's given the cops carte blanche to shoot, beat, and harass the media. Trump wants to destroy freedom of the press, freedom of assembly. Freedom of speech. 

Needless to day he's a racist and a sexist and sexual predator. But it's his megalomania that makes him so dangerous. 

Trump and the people he encourages want to kill Americans.  Trump's people are out there fomenting and actually carrying out some of the violence and destruction we're seeing.  Nazis were not a threat then. THe country repudiated George Wallace. Now we have somebody as bad as Wallace actually in the White House. 

What we had in the summer of 68 was a Sunday School picnic compared to this. 

We are in grave, grave danger today. 68 was nothing compared to this. The Constitution was never threatened.  

Trump being president is like if McCarthy would not have "only" been a senator on crack, but president of the US in the 50s. That result would have been catastrophic too. Nonetheless, McCarthy destroyed careers - espacailly among actors and such - forever.

Archived