Nothing Has Happened Yet 5/29/20

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you are following this yet. Minnesota State Police just arrested a CNN crew for no reason. The reporter was black. A nearby CNN crew with a white reporter was not arrested. 

I find it difficult to express the depth of the outrage I feel, not just at this one incident, but what Trump has allowed the US to become.  

Is the US redeemable? I hope so. But I doubt it.  

A bit of anarchy with a racial bent.  A dream come true for the right. Minnesota of all places. 

Corporations don't like to have to choose sides. Now however those that don't choose Team R may be under threat. So most will go with the flow because Team R might be in charge for 4 or who knows how many years into the future.  Zuck is all in. Sort of a worst nightmare in realtime. 

As soon as I hear, "precious metals are money," my eyes roll up in my head.  If you can't buy a Mars bar with it, it ain't money. Take your physical gold to a dealer and try to convert it to cash and see how much you get and how long it takes.  

Precious metals are a money substitute. Just like oil is for big speculators. Just like any financial asset. But other than a vestigial industrial and decorative value, it's primary use is as a money substitute. It has no intrinsic use value other than that. It's a wildly volatile store of wealth that can do very well if you time it right. 

Gold's a fine asset in that regard. I like it. But it's not money. You can't spend it in its physical or paper form. And you can't exchange it for the prices that are quoted in the the electronic media, except in its electronic form. Electronic gold, which may well be fictitious, non-exitent gold, is closer to money than the metal itself. 

You can trade it like you can trade anything else. The question is whether it's a good trade or not.  

I know Potatohead will vehemently disagree with me and I respect his view. How much can you sell a gold eagle or Maple Leaf for today?  

So you could buy gold bars and bury them in the back yard, but then when crunch time comes, what do you do with them? 

Archived