289 to 30 Bye Bye

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DrStool said:

Now that restrictions have been lowered in the US for a few weeks, case numbers are starting to rise in places where they had been coming down.  The US is going to be a hell hole this summer as the virus begins to spread more rapidly. Then what will the states do?    

More important than what states will do is what will workers and companies and people in general do. This whole 'debate' about lock downs from the anti's pretends the economic hit would have been vastly lower if only the evil government hadn't forced people to stay at home. Which is wrong.

Ford ended up closing a couple of factories on Tuesday I think after a couple of employees  tested positive. Evidently they went to work feeling sick. If places shut down because 1's and 2's of employees are shown to have been contagious at work the economy will never get going. So then they will tell employees to grin and bear it. Then those people will think about bringing it home to their families this year, when a vaccine might be available next year.

It seems that people going out and about, not caring in the least about spreading the virus is a particular behavior of English speaking and dare I say Christian  countries.  Now in the US millions of people believe that spreading the virus is  virtuous. If ever there was a comment on the state of ethics and the moral philosophy of American Christians this is certainly it. 

I think that the Florida data on mobility that I wrote about yesterday is telling. People who think that they are at risk will act rationally about taking risk. And people who don't think that they are, will find out that their behavior eventually will result in them facing increased risk as well. They may not die like us old cocksuckers, but hopefully they'll suffer enough misery that they'll remember it for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, specie said:

Prudential (UK) has a huge pooled gold fund.  I wonder if they have any gold to back it.

PUK -9.8% today

Pronounced "puke." 

2 hours ago, specie said:

HSBC.JPG.122bd4969a5660250b8ac79fe3558f62.JPGSTT.JPG.11c6fc93a8487b824c8e15749f02dd22.JPG

Game is Runned by American Crooks,  what happened to Hunt brothers.

Don't forget it's paper gold backed by more papers...   

It's just for trading only and Real gold you buy and hold until it's in the NEWS then sell.

24 minutes ago, DrStool said:

....... People who think that they are at risk will act rationally about taking risk. And people who don't think that they are, will find out that their behavior eventually will result in them facing increased risk as well. They may not die like us old cocksuckers, but hopefully they'll suffer enough misery that they'll remember it for a long time. 

and there it is...🤣 between this tread and https://twitter.com/sarahcpr   Sarah

i get my much needed laugh each day

43 minutes ago, jp6 said:

Game is Runned by American Crooks,  what happened to Hunt brothers.

Don't forget it's paper gold backed by more papers...   

It's just for trading only and Real gold you buy and hold until it's in the NEWS then sell.

Exactly. 

Old FeedFool style, awesome! 😎

50 minutes ago, Jimi said:

What's the 289 to 30 reference?

I thought you'd never ask. 

289 billion is the amount of new Treasuries being issued over the next 7 days. 30 billion is the amount that the Fed bought this week and seems likely to buy next week, although they've been reducing it by $5 billion per week.

Round and round she goes. Where she stops nobody knows. 

51 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I thought you'd never ask. 

289 billion is the amount of new Treasuries being issued over the next 7 days. 30 billion is the amount that the Fed bought this week and seems likely to buy next week, although they've been reducing it by $5 billion per week.

Round and round she goes. Where she stops nobody knows. 

Short 100 lots june expiry strike 2800, signed Forus 😂

24 minutes ago, Jimi said:

Just to round out the story-telling, we got back our antibody tests today, and unfortunately, they were negative for the wife & boy.

Oh well....

The fortunate part is, by my way of thinking, it means with almost total certainty that the result is correct.  As opposed to the 3% or whatever error  built into the test.  Certainty is always good.

Archived