289 to 30 Bye Bye

40 minutes ago, Jorma said:

The fortunate part is, by my way of thinking, it means with almost total certainty that the result is correct.  As opposed to the 3% or whatever error  built into the test.  Certainty is always good.

Totally agree with that. 
That’s why my wife took it, too. 
Two tests with same outcome seems highly reliable. 
Had both been positive, my older son & I would have gone together next. 
Now we don’t need to go.

We only now need to figure out WTF to do with summer, fall, winter... like everybody else. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DrStool said:

I thought you'd never ask. 

289 billion is the amount of new Treasuries being issued over the next 7 days. 30 billion is the amount that the Fed bought this week and seems likely to buy next week, although they've been reducing it by $5 billion per week.

Round and round she goes. Where she stops nobody knows. 

What I simply don‘t get: The FED KNOWS that the Treasury bombs the floor, yet they reduce from 6 to 5 billion per day? I mean they try again the game „ok, let‘s see if the market can walk alone now“? We already have seen in recent weeks, that as soon as there is not enough dough the market collapses. 

My local report is that mask usage soared compared to last week, this week in the stores.  That is my strong impression anyway and it is good if that is right.  Hopefully those not wearing masks well be seen as stupid by most people.  To the extent everyone would practice mindfulness about their own cleanliness and habits the risk to everyone drops enormously.  Sadly in the US it seems that 25% of the populous wants to spread the virus.  With some now actively trying to I am sure. That's why America is really fucked.

5 hours ago, Jimi said:

Just to round out the story-telling, we got back our antibody tests today, and unfortunately, they were negative for the wife & boy.

Oh well....

Hmmm ok.  Makes one wonder what your son was suffering from .. sounded really serious.  Obviously back to normal now though.

3 hours ago, DrStool said:

No one is wearing masks in Croatia.  Maybe one out of every 200 people I saw on my walk Friday evening. 

Outdoors and indoors are different things. Risk plummets outdoors.  That said people in close proximity,  at a table,  should wear masks. Then a hundred people in a smallish space, well I would avoid.  Tables and all the surfaces a possible risk as well. Still again, outdoors is vastly safer in general but the hell with in general.  No sit down restaurant here yet. My comments were last evening were all about retail spaces.

11 hours ago, DrStool said:

No one is wearing masks in Croatia.  Maybe one out of every 200 people I saw on my walk Friday evening. 

Nice vid! You don‘t look like 69 Doc, more like 54 or so! 😎🏻

I think it is quite interesting that the Corona figures in Croatia are that low. Could it have something to do with the general health of the populace? I know and knew many Croatians, the vast majority of them is quity sporty, well trained, almost never really fat. It is said Croatians are born with a ball: They are world class in Football, Basketball, Handball, Volleyball.... also in individual sports like Tennis they have and had world class athletes. I think that is quite remarkable for a country of just 4 and a half million.

The country shut down tight on March 16 when there were only 54 active cases total. So they were ahead of the curve and stopped everything before the disease had spread widely.  Had this come in April, when the tourist season really starts to ramp up, it would have been a catastrophe.  Typically, millions of tourists come here from April to October. 

I took a calculated risk that I'd be better off here than returning to the US. It really was a no brainer. I had no doubt that I'd be safer locked down here than taking 3 flights through Frankfurt and New York in those cattle pens in the initial panic to get back to the US.

I also felt that Florida would be a catastrophe. It hasn't been yet, but I have faith in Florida Man to make things worse. Thank God for the old farts staying home and keeping things from getting worse so far. 

I had a ticket to return in June, and I figured that things would have either quieted down by then, or that I was prepared to remain here indefinitely. 

Croatia really is a great place to live. If the borders to the rest of Europe don't open in June, I may apply for residency here. I'd like to get a place on the water in Zadar.   

The lockdown/social distancing/increased hygiene measures here has also had an influence on other contagions:

"The figure represents a 99 per cent decrease in flu cases over the past four weeks compared to the same time last year when WA was entering a record-breaking flu season and reported 1653 positive cases.

When compared to a more typical year (2018), the most recent figures still represent an 88 per cent drop in cases.

Reported gastroenteritis cases in the past month were also down by more than half compared to this time last year, with 333 cases presenting to hospital over the past four weeks compared to 728 in 2019.

And chickenpox cases were down by 66 per cent to just three cases since April 20."

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/wa-flu-gastro-cases-down-to-record-low-levels-as-social-distancing-prevents-more-than-just-covid-19-20200522-p54vnf.html

LIQUIDITY TRADER - US TREASURY MARKET TREND SUPPLY AND DEMAND

Primary Dealers Go Hog Wild Net Long Treasuries

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

We may still find out just how bad things are. Because the dealers remain leveraged to the hilt. And there’s one more thing.

EACH SUCCESSIVE FED/TREASURY BAIL OUT COSTS MORE

This bail out will cost real money.

The 2008 bail out didnt cost that much in the end.

After recoveries probably only $100 Billion.

This one will cost trillions.

And cause significant inflation.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

EACH SUCCESSIVE FED/TREASURY BAIL OUT COSTS MORE

This bail out will cost real money.

The 2008 bail out didnt cost that much in the end.

After recoveries probably only $100 Billion.

This one will cost trillions.

And cause significant inflation.

What he said! 

THE BIG TELL

Using poker analogies for asset markets is very useful.

On 16 September 2019 occurred the big tell.

That was when the repo market rate hit 10%.

Where were all the mainstream financial press articles about this.

Missing in action.

The Fed promptly buried the signal under the noise of $500 billion of REPO printed from thin air.

Setting up the mother of all Santa rallies.

After all this liquidity flood had to go some where - Into an already over priced stock market.

Which I predicted on this board.

A lot of money to make a very inconvenient fact/signal go away!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the virus uncovered the signal again.

So now the Fed is spending trillions to make it go away again.

But it will come back in the form of inflation.

Archived