• Today's US Market and Custom Charts

Follow the market or quickly make your own custom chart.

SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENTS

Sign in to follow this  
DrStool

If You Don't Like the Data, Change It or Fire the Data Manager 5/20/20

Rate this topic

Big news of the day here........even bigger than the miracle "vaccine" from the other day.

33 Dallas-Fort Worth hospitals to receive cases of antiviral drug remdesivir

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-live-updates-wednesday-may-20-north-texas/287-284d86c2-dbe5-40ca-aebc-8a288f5df02b

M'wife & youngest have an appointment tomorrow to get an antibody test.

Been checking every morning to see if I can find a place that features only either the Abbott or Roche test.

I'm hoping to have found such a place.

Meanwhile, this was in the NYT this morning:

Most kids also develop serious abdominal pain that get progressively worse over time. It’s not a garden-variety kids’ stomach ache; it’s serious pain that is often accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea and is “severe enough for the parent to be worried,” said Dr. Ofori-Amanfo. For some kids, the pain has been so bad that parents and doctors assumed the child had appendicitis and needed surgery, said Dr. Nadine Choueiter, M.D., a pediatric cardiologist at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore in the Bronx.

Describes our kid's symptoms on March 3rd to a tee. We went to ER because we thought it was appendicitis, and one surgeon said they were going to operate him within the hour... only to have a second surgeon decide, "No."

He was in so much pain, they put him on a morphine drip overnight.

I put it at just above 50-50 that he tests positive for antibodies. Not sure about my wife, but she overnighted with him in ER, ergo, she is getting tested. If they both come back positive, my older son & I will get tested.

• Like 1

Oh yeah - everyone's fine.

It's just going to be extremely eye-opening if in fact one or more of us are antibody positive.

Kid was discharged the next evening without any firm diagnosis. If it was COVID, then he should have antibodies.

He'd also be one of the earliest cases of the pediatric version that gets more & more attention with each passing day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/parenting/pmis-coronavirus-children.html?searchResultPosition=1

For my part, I've been indulging cocktail hour daily. So, there's my liver to worry about.

I doubt I'm alone.

26 minutes ago, Jimi said:

For my part, I've been indulging cocktail hour daily. So, there's my liver to worry about.

I doubt I'm alone.

You are correct Sir! 🍻 🍸

I don't drink. I just rage at the machine.  

Midnight here. 

Good night, and good luck!  

From Zagreb 

IMG_20200520_180354.jpgIMG_20200520_180020.jpgMVIMG_20200520_183845.jpgIMG_20200520_183626.jpgIMG_20200520_181052.jpg

• Upvote 1