If You Don't Like the Data, Change It or Fire the Data Manager 5/20/20

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bwahaha.png

WTF did I just tell you yesterday!  

This whole thing is such a fucking joke. SO fucking transparent. It's always been the same, ever since I started following this shit 56 years ago.  Different day, same old goddam fucking shit. 

14 hours ago, DrStool said:

The market went up because dealers had cash and were marking up stocks. They may have planted the story for marketing and distribution. Or they may have just found a convenient excuse. But yes, PR is a contributory factor in a compex marketing and distribution business. Had it not been this story, they would have found a different one. It usually begins with the words "Hopes that..." or "Relief that..." yadda yadda wing wang.   

Emphasis added. 

3 hours ago, DrStool said:

bwahaha.png

WTF did I just tell you yesterday!  

This whole thing is such a fucking joke. SO fucking transparent. It's always been the same, ever since I started following this shit 56 years ago.  Different day, same old goddam fucking shit. 

Just don't spread bearish news when your short. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-shorts-insight/short-distort-the-ugly-war-between-ceos-and-activist-critics-idUSKCN1R20AW

Of note.  " Columbia Law School securities expert Joshua Mitts said in a working paper that he had looked at 1,720 pseudonymous short idea posts on Seeking Alpha between 2010 and 2017 and found that 86 percent were preceded by “extraordinary” options trading."

It doesn't say if the short ideas were based upon facts or if they were lies and disinformation.  It doesn't make any difference actually.  Trading on bad news stories in the media can get you sued successfully.

Edit: I was wrong that the article did not weigh in on the truth of the bearish stories.   This is addressed.

4 minutes ago, jp6 said:

https://www.cityam.com/uk-sells-bond-with-negative-yield-for-first-time-ever/

UK sells bond with negative yield for first time ever

For the Buyer...Is it an Assets or a liability?

For the UK Government it looks like an Assets....Use money and get paid.

PHD's Idiots are born every single day for sure.

👍 

Archived