Anditsgone 5/15/20

Fed had a big MBS settlement on Wednesday. It was deployed and absorbed yesterday. Two more smaller settlements Monday and Wednesday but with massive Treasury issuance offsetting. I'll have more in Fed QE update report coming up later this morning. 

Dicsucs.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LIQUIDITY TRADER - MACRO LIQUIDITY- FED AND BANKING

Treasury Issuance Catches Up With QE and That’s Not Good

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

Treasury issuance has caught up with QE. There are no more excess funds lying around for dealers to use to mark up stock and bond prices. The balance has shifted. It’s not as bullish as it was, that’s for sure. And it could get much, much worse in the weeks ahead before the Fed reacts.

Virus stuff sort of doesn't belong here anymore but to my mind this story is important, if it is right.

Spanish Antibody Study Points to 5% of Population Affected by Coronavirushttps://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-05-13/spanish-antibody-study-points-to-5-of-population-affected-by-coronavirus

5%?  Stupid me has been thinking a hard hit country like Spain would be a 20% or more, easy.  

1 hour ago, Jorma said:

5%?  Stupid me has been thinking a hard hit country like Spain would be a 20% or more, easy.  

Yes I would have gone with that too .. still, it does say "preliminary result".

No covid 19 cases in hospital in my state so elective surgery will crank up as from next week.  Library opens Monday but gym is staying closed as it is in a major aquatic centre with netball courts etc so not worth opening when only 20 people allowed in at any one time.

US COVID19 Cases and Deaths Declining in Northeast, Increasing in the South

by Lee Adler •  • 0 Comments

The numbers continue to improve for the COVID19 epicenter in the Northeast. The following chart looks at the numbers on a week to week basis for Thursday May 14, and May 7. New cases were down by 25% and daily deaths fell by 46%. Total cases rose 7% on the week. Deaths were down by 46%.

Wisconsin, where the Supreme Court just ordered everything to reopen had 59 more cases yesterday than the week before. There were 2,060 new cases on the week a 22% increase.  

Virus stuff:

"We want to emphasize there is a cure. There is a solution that works 100 percent," "If we have the neutralizing antibody in your body, you don't need the social distancing. You can open up a society without fear." Dr. Henry Ji, of Sorrento Therapeutics

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covid-cure-california-biopharmaceutical-coronavirus-antibody-breakthrough

2 hours ago, DrStool said:

Should we be skeptical, doctor?

"This puts its arms around the virus. It wraps around the virus and moves them out of the body."

Your the doctor but it sounds legit to me.  It grabs the virus with it's tiny arms and then moves it out of the body, presumably on it's tiny little legs and feet. Sure.

Archived